1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bush Planning A New Attack

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Barmy Army, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've said it before, and I will say it again.

Will someone please assassinate this arseclown before he takes us all to either a Jihad or Armageddon.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

No. Kill a ******* and you make him a martyr. You have to discredit him first, and considering all he's done himself to make that happen, it wouldn't be easy. I just keep repeating to myself "only two more years, only two more years"; not that it helps. :grr: How much does it really take to impeach someone? :rolleyes:

3. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Consider the source. :rolleyes:

Nice way of twisting the thread title, though.

4. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] What's wrong with the source? Unlike the US, Germany currently doesnt have duplicity instantly associated with her name.

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Ah, but they were our enemy in both World Wars, which means they can never be trusted again. :rolleyes:
    [/high-temperature sarcasm]

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    So long as ther Germans don't beat us on penalties in the world cup again, I've got nothing against them ;) .

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Smells like politics, looks like politics (ignoring the world cup stuff), must be politics.

AoLS, here we come.

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

What happens with the source?
    A month ago or so, 'not very reliable sources' here in Spain said that CIA planes used Spanish air bases to refuel planes carrying terrorist/war prisioners; of course the government said 'is a lie!' but few days after, we found out that not only in Spain but in Germany and other countries the same was happening. Soon after we saw pictures of those planes and all.

9. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

What's wrong with the source? Can it be any more vague?

I swear, the hate for GWB is so strong that people will listen to anybody who has anything bad to say, and will just take it as gospel because it supports what they're told to think. :rolleyes:

10. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

From what I've seen the very same can be said about those people who firmly support him. ;)

The source is indeed vague, and I really doubt Bush would be attacking Iran right now. With all the negotiations still going on it would be just stupid. The fact that he's planning an attack if the negotiations fail is not really a problem, it should be done. It's allways good to be prepared if things start go wrong.

11. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

@ Klorox
    Bush isnt popular with a good many of people. I am stating the obvious here. But hate, I think, is too strong a word. While some of his policies affect us, he isnt a central figure of daily life around here, thus will not trigger any emotions other than lots of :rolleyes: and bafflement. I think you mistake the situation in Germany (or other nations) for that in the US. I can see how the atmosphere may be real tense on your rock.

The article is vague, yes. It's merely commenting on what can be observed on the political scene and the level of secret services. How could it be anything but vague at this point of time? Why you perceive hate and smearing of Bush in summing it up and evaluating it in the light of announcements officially made by your government I dont understand. Hatred of Bush isnt the motive for others to have a close eye on US politics, or be critical of it - unconvenient as that may be for some. It is of course the easy way out to put opposition down to antipathy rather then contending with their point of view.

Also, I think Barmy's article is pretty accurate in its assessment of what is happening behind the scenes.

12. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this may be a subtle sort of propaganda from the Bush Administartion. Get the Iranians scared a bit and therefore more willing to make a deal at the negotiating table.

But gee, it's not like this administration would resort to planting stories in the press now would they? Naw...

13. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Of course we are planning a strike on Iran. It's prudent to be ready to strike their facilities when these so called talks break down. And they will break down. These insane mullahs are determined to get nukes.

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Are they? I would question that twice and take into account that "these insane yanks have nukes too." And they have used them to boot. Like comparing one insane person to another and trying to decide which one is worse off.

Truth to tell, even though I really detest the crush'n'conquer policy of US, I can't say the muslims were any better, if anyone here has read their propaganda against Dennmark. Crazy. All of them.

But in this situation I would be much more interested of Turkey, remembering that they want to be part of europe. Now it is europe vs. muslim-countries; which side do they take or do they try to stay apart from the quarrel? :hmm:

15. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Er, the bulk of the Iranian population, including the liberals and westernphiles, wants to get nukes. Something about national pride and security. It ain't just the mullahs.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Of course they want nukes. That's the only way for any country to be able to talk to the US on a roughly equal level. The only countries that the US fears and respects are those that have nukes and would use them if the need arose. There's not much point crying about it when the US is the leader setting the trends in this area. "These insane mullahs" know this very well. The problem is that they're going about it in all the wrong ways, boasting and threatening before they have anything tangible in their hands to bargain with. That's just an open invite for another Bush crusade.

17. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The problem is that Iran is the biggest terrorist sponsor out there, and it is not inconcievable that they would do something nuts like give one of them to Hamas or Al Qaeda. They are not diplomats, they are loonies who think that it is acceptable to kill several million people in the name of their god. Some religion of peace, huh?

18. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The official demand of Iran is nuclear energy to deal the big energy problem it has after Turkey made the Tiger Damm.
    Of course nukes is a hidden goal (they would be idiots not to want them) because they see that the expansion of US proposed freedom may reach their borders with aggressive looks.
    But then again if Israel has nukes (and it has, we all know it they just don't say anything) why Iran should not.
    What makes Iranian people and goverment less crazy or as Khazadman says loonies that are not afraid to kill millions of people in the name of their religion (hey aren't the Israelis killing the Palestinians in the name of their own religion (Promised land) and for the sanctity of their country?? Or does anyone believe that they have different goal?), than Israels people and goverment?
    Why is Teheran the only evil?
    The fact that Turkey crafted a Dam that was sure that it will cause these problems, is just forgotten?

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, if Bush is crazy enough to start a war with Iran, he's going to bite off more than he chew, you can count on that. Unlike Iraq, where at least a part of the population wanted Saddam dethroned, the people are almost entirely behind the Iranian president. So any aggression on part of Bush is only going to unite them more.

20. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Tal - I wish I could agree with you on this one, but I feel that Iran and its "nuke project" has little to do with the US and more to do with its own region. Iran, being Shi'a, is surrounded by political/religious enemies. I have to believe that they want these weapons to hold over other countries in the region. Any attack on the US with nukes would be madness. Iran would become the target of what the US has been saving for the Chinese (formally for the Russians). Essentially, Iran would become a glowing cinder should it ever consider using nukes on the US. At least that's how I see it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.