1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Barmy Army, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    This game is the Mutz Nutz. Buy it.

Best game I've played since HL2.

2. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I sat and watched my housemate play, and gave the demo a shot, it is one of the most cinematic games I've ever played...so much happening, bullets wizzing, dust being kicked up, smoke, explosions...also the animations for team mates are really impressive.

Haven't bought it proper cos my system is a bit behind the times, but I might pick it up on 360 (although I recently got assassins creed, which I am enjoying despite what others seem to think) so not for a while....though from what I've seen from Call of Duty 4 I'd recommend it!

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    A couple of my friends have been trying veru hard to convince me to play it. One of them was even ready to put his own game so I could borrow his disc! However considering they're both (like Barmy Army) Half-Life fans, and I really didn't like that game, I'm not too sure I'm tempted.

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If anyone play the PC version I'm at non-FFA servers as Rutkowski. I was about level 45 this Thursday then my internet died so I'm a bit behind, hoped to be 55 before that week ended. =/

5. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I've had a quick go at it, and I gotta say I really like it. It's so intense, so much going on. I need to buy it.

6. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I would be one of the most anti-FPS gamers out there. But I just bought the game yesterday due to some recommendations and COD4 is simply amazing.

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I'm certainly not an FPS gamer myself but I enjoyed it a lot. Very entertaining although the game itself is a bit short (haven't played MP).

8. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

yep, truly is a great game!

totally worth a 100 bucks!

9. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I bought it a short while ago, and i'll give it a try next week.

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I'm playing multiplayer at work with the boss and a couple others at the moment - really fun.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I've been doing the multiplayer for months now. Like I said before, it's really addictive. So far I've spend over 7 whole days (gametime) on the multiplayer and have achieved most of the challenges.

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Stuck on the sniper mission in single player campaign veteran difficulty - the one where you hide behind the ferris wheel with millions of dudes spawning. There's just no way I can see myself finishing this.

Restarted game on hardened difficulty. :p

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I completed it on harderned. It's easily doable, but you'll die a lot, especially on the hard bits. The bit at the end of the sniper mission where you're waiting for the heli and loads of guys are running at you is well hard. You should do it easy enough though.

14. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    You know which one is impossible? The last extra mission on Veteran. You get 1 minute to rescue the VIP. Good luck even getting close to him.

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Agreed, it is a very impressive game. Shame I'm not really all that good at it- much like me and quite a few X-Box games.

Oh, that one was tough. However, if you really cannot get past it, there is an easier way:
    After sticking your invincible mate down, jog over to your right and head out of the park area down a street between two buildings. There is a little corner to the left which allows you to be hidden from the enemies. Simply wait there until you need to board the helicopter while the bad guys get snipered.

Hardly in character, I know, but that is why I spoilered it. ;)

It is possible- I've seen my friend and younger brother do it. Hell, I've even got to the last set of enemies. The trick is to be moving the entire time- there is no time to sit in a firefight. The P-something (90, is it?) is apparently a good gun to pick up.

16. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Thats amazing. Furthest I got was the middle of the second floor. Only problem with moving constantly is that in Veteran, all it takes is 2 to 3 shots before you go down.

17. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Woohoo, finally completed it on hardened difficulty - apart from unlimited enemy spawns which pissed me off, this was one hell of a campaign, full of twists and turns!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.