1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Camera Movement/Settings?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Graiskye, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Graiskye Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello again people, much thanks for all the responses yesterday. I did ask this in another thread for another question, but Im unsure if anyone noticed it , so I'll give er another shott, excuse the spammage thx.
    I have a problem, it seems, the camera does not follow the action. I have to keep moving the camera to follow the players. At first it was not bad, but its starting to wear on me. Is there no way to set the camera to auto follow the party? I have looked but I cant find anything, but it wouldnt be the first time Id missed something rather obvious.
    One other little thing, Vithal got killed by the air elemental I think ? I got the quest from him, and went and got his book, but when I come back I coukldnt find him, and doing a search here(some people do read ;) ), I was able to asssume from the other posts that he got killed, I didnt see it, just cant find hiom, and figure he must have bit the big one fightin the elementals? Question, do I need him? I would just run it over but I allready fought the Balor and won(took threee tries). So is Vithal just for goodies, or is he a key part of the plot. Thank you all , Graiskye

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

For camera movement, there's no way to "lock" the camera to the party, a la PS:T, but by double-tapping a character's party number (e.g. "1" for the party leader) you'll automatically centre on them.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

To put it simply, no. The only thing that even comes close is when the camera moves itself in some cutscenes. You just have to move it manually, or if you're walking a long distance in which you want the camera to follow a specific player, you can just hold down their button (1 for the first one, etc.) to make it constantly re-center the screen on the player. You might get some slow-down if you do that, though, and you won't be able to give other commands while you're giving the "re-center" one.

Vithal's just for goodies, but if you've gotten the book and he's not by the first portal (standing at x2377, y3316), just use
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("udvith")
    to make him appear.

4. Isshy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

There is no 'auto-camera' that I am aware of. I usually just hit the characters hotkey twice (numbers 1 through 6) to center on a certain character. You could also double click on the characters portrait to achieve the same thing. You can use the mouse on the edge of the screen and the arrows on your keyboard to move the screen. The map screen (hotkey M) can be used by double clicking an area to view it, or triple clicking to order your character/party to move to a certain area of the map. (Excellent for moving through the larger, safer areas like the Promenade).

5. Graiskye Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sounds reasonable, at least I know its not just the program acting funny. guess Ill learn to live with it, tapping the numbers will come in handy, should've thought of that, alas. Thanks again Grai

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I keep my party centered on screen, so no need to follow anyone.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.