1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can you bring a Character back to life??

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by aeckler1981, May 7, 2001.

1. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Is there a Spell that will bring Dynaheir back to life for me. I just don't want to try and fight the guys in the Candlekeep Catacombs again. Please help me.

[This message has been edited by aeckler1981 (edited May 09, 2001).]

2. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

isn't that what "raise dead" is for? various temple priests can perform this service(some set different rates depending on alignment)

3. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31

Thanks ill try that

4. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31

That didn't work Ace I tried it twice

5. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Your reputation isn't terribly low is it?
    Wait a minute...when Dynah died, you didn't "reform party" did you? I mean, her picture was still there, just grayed-out.

If she is dead, bury her face-down so the whole world can kiss her ***

[This message has been edited by Ace of Spades (edited May 08, 2001).]

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Give a few more details about your situation. Is Dynaheir's portrait still in your party? If not, she's dead for good. If so, what happened when you paid for Raise Dead or Resurection at a temple?

7. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31

Dynahier's pic is still showing and i just tried a Raise dead spell 2 times and nothing happened. Any other guesses when i get to a church i will try to have her reasurrected

8. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Be sure to place the "spell" cursor over her picture and the cursor is illuminated (not gray)when your cleric casts this spell or if you're casting from a scroll.

Also, you haven't left the area where she was slain, have you? If so, this may have something to do with your problem. I don't remember if you automatically carry your slain character with you or not...I usually just replay from a prior save if someone dies.

[This message has been edited by Havok (edited May 08, 2001).]

9. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Havok you don't really have to carry your deceased party member along with you. As long as that party member wasn't splattered into chunks or pertified you should be able to use raise dead on them.

One thing I can think of aeckler1981 is that you're not clicking on Dynaheir before you use the temple to raise her. If you're at a temple you don't click on the spell and then on the person you want the spell to effect. It's the other way around. Click on the person and then click on the spell.

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Just to add to what Cerryl said. When you go to a temple and look at their spells, all spells that you're main character doesn't need are greyed out, while the ones that can benefit him are in blue. Obviously, reaise dead will be greyed out at first. If you click on the portrait of your fallen companion, the raise dead spell should be hilighted in blue. Buy that spell and Dynheir should be brought back to life, albit a little worse for wear.

11. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

Thanks Crawl... I probably should have said that. And only a little worse for wear???? Lucky you're already in the temple isn't it?

12. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31

I can do that in the temple. But I can't raise dead from a scroll i tried clicking on her and and just putting the cursor over her but when i do that the character I use to raise dead just stands there and does nothing

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

In that case, just go to the temple of Oghma (or whatever). Say that you want the services and then go to the services (not buy/sell) Now the ressurect-service is unavailable. Click on the portrait of Dynaheir and then you can resurrect her.

14. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Has anyone raised dead. without the church and if so how

[This message has been edited by aeckler1981 (edited May 08, 2001).]

15. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Thanks for clearing up the issue of carrying around a dead party member, Cerryl. As I said, I usually replay from a previous save game if one of my party members bites the big one.

Yes, I have used a raise dead scroll once. It should be placed in one of your quick slots. From the game screen, click on the scroll, then place the "half moon and stars" cursor on the party member you want to revive. Should work this way.

[This message has been edited by Havok (edited May 10, 2001).]

16. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31

Thanks Havok. But I tried that and that didn't work But thanks anyways

17. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

A quick question: do you have to be a priest to use a raise dead scroll?

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  19. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

I just realised that I forgot something. When I said you don't have to carry the "body", it still means that you need to carry their items. Just thought that I should clear that up :D.

20. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31

That must be my problem then i have no one that is a priest. But if that is true how come characters like minsc and my guy who is a ranger can use the spell(not darkened out).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.