1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Canned food

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shura, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

No. This is not really a paladin bashing topic.
    Just wanted to know how much preserved food you guys eat.
    And yes, I'm really bored.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I totally can't tell your bored...LOL :D

With the exception of canned tuna & soup...Not too much. But I love tuna, and soup is awesome in the winter!

I tend to like to cook myself, and go with fresh foods most of the time. I grill a lot on my deck...

3. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, here on campus the food is downright crappy. Here are the four major college food groups (in order of most often to least often consumed):

1) Non-perishable food. This includes soup, tuna, and Ramen noodles.

2) Pizza. Usually the cheapest and crappiest in town OR frozen pizza.

3) Sandwiches. Peanut-butter, etc. This does include crackers and cheese.

4) School food. Ick. Supposedly it's the best/cheapest thing for a college student. Bull.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sapiryl - Heh. I remember peering into the back room of the university cafeteria and seeing boxes labeled: "Grade D - Fit for human consumption". Now doesn't that just whet your appetite! :)

I usually have canned staples that go into meals: tuna, tomatoes, beans, corn, stock etc.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Ramen noodles! The college breakfast of champions!

After reading that post, I had flashbacks to undergrad! Man! I miss that! Late nights, parties, freshman girls....

6. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] None if I can help it. I don't exactly like to cook, but I do it well. My mother was a great cook and I learned a lot from her.

I tend to eat soup when I am in a hurry, and I do like tuna fish sandwiches. Other than that, not much.

7. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ugh... Canned soup? Blech! I'm more likely to make a huge crock and freeze it into smaller servings. Homemade soup is the only way to go... :)

-crackers and cheese- definitely a staple...

I tend to keep large amounts of salsa on hand for dipping, cooking, garnishing just about anything. :D My favorite! That's about the only canned/jarred food I really like.

8. Sol'Kanar Guest

Canned paladin balls. I don't eat them myself of course. They're great for unwanted guests though. Just add 'em to the spaghetti sauce and serve 'em up. Instant meatballs!

9. Lo Guest

What's with all the tuna? :)

I like tuna in Nicose salad, other than that can't stand it. Much prefer canned salmon.

Other than that canned green peas, tomatoes for sauses and soups, artichoke hearts...Lol i tushenka long time ago was a great money saver, Modj might understand.

As far as college food goes try to make fresh salads, they are easy to make, relatively cheap *No GST on vegies* and beat canteen anytime ;) And I love pizza, don't try to save money on it, not worth it...

10. Silroth Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Some of you seem to automatically put pizza into the canned/frozen food compartment??!!??
    If making the dough is a too timeconsuming, I'll buy that, but making the pizza fresh is no more trouble than microwaving a frozen one. Just some tomatoes, cheese and veges on top, that's all.

11. Lo Guest

mmm pizza *in her best Homer voice* I don't understand doughnuts btw, oily fat thick doughed substance... One of the best things I've ever cooked was a gourmet vegetarian pizza for one of my cooking classes at school, it had pinenuts, sun dried tomatoes, olives, herbs and stuff I can't remember now :) I let my partner do the dough and now I regret it cause I'm still scared of making it, too messy... Nothing like fresh baked pizza, just don't ask for the one with everything on top, try ordering from an Italian pizzeria or go to Italy for a holiday lol. I know we are spoiled Greek and Italian food in Melbourne, because a lot of them live here ;)

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

No offense, Sol'kanar, but I've done enough paladin bashing so I hand over the duty to you. I kill them now instead of talking about them!!!!

13. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

sol'kanar now what about female paladins... :o (i don't think i wanna hear it...) :D,

14. Sol'Kanar Guest

Hmmm female paladins eh? I hadn't considered the possiblities, since they usually lack balls. I supposed I could think one up if you gave me a minute though! ;)

15. Duskai Gems: 7/31

chips, cheese n beans..proper student food :)

16. Sol'Kanar Guest

My brother in college lives on pizza and beer.

17. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] WTF?? :o

Genital mutilation??!!

Sorcerer!! BAN THEM ALL!!!

Grrr! Sickos! Why can't you stick to bloody murders and decapitations?? It took me a lifetime to get desensitised to those!

18. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] what's wrong with tuna when your butcher's name is jakob creutzfeld :)

19. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Better yet, what does Tuna have to do with genital mutilation?

20. Recoil Suave Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Tuna and crab cakes anyone? Speaking of seafood, gotta go call my girlfriend.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.