1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't leave area

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Grigner, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Grigner Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I went back to the Kuldahar graveyard to get the pally sword and after I killed all 6 enemies the game won't let me leave the graveyard. I can't even go through the door in the NE corner that leads to that cave. Anyone know of any cheats that let you move your party to western Kuldahar.

2. pudas_beast Gems: 1/31

just reload before you enter the graveyard and then dont enter it again?

3. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Are there any enemies or their summons hiding in a corner of the graveyard?

Otherwise, try:

1) restarting your client and, if that fails,
    2) reloading an earlier save and doing the battle again (a pain I know, but better than being stuck).

Make sure you're patched up to 1.02 also.

4. Grigner Gems: 1/31

I thought it might have been some monsters I summoned but I scoured the whole area and didn't see anything still alive. I'm patched up to 2.01 and restarting and reloading didn't work. I had to use a cheat to load west kuldahar.

I did a test where I cheated to get to west Kuldahar then saved my game, just in case, then entered the graveyard to see if it was still bugged and sure enough I couldn't leave. I suspect there's a bug in the script for the fight for the pally sword. What might be happening is that the script won't let you leave the graveyard until you've killed all 6 bad guys probably to stop people from just picking up the sword and running away. The script is probably bugged and thinks the fight isn't over and therefore won't let me leave. Oh well, the cheats saved me from having to reload an earlier game and repeating a bunch of stuff.

5. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Quite possibly. I ran into a similar problem with the lava time loop on the first circuit. I killed the beholder and his minions, but then couldn't go through the exit (I got the travel wheel icon, but my little guys just wouldn't go). I tried reloading, replaying the same day again from scratch, and still no joy. In the end I decided to get the ferryman to take me back to the same area, and this seemed to work (though it cost me 1600 gold to sort the problem out, grr!)
    I guess IWD2 has a few little bugs.

6. Grigner Gems: 1/31

HAHAHA. I had the exact same problem and did the same thing as you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.