1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Caravan Traders

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by theholygit, Feb 28, 2002.

1. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The train of the Feathersnake wagon rumbles away from the small village. They'd just sold most of the stores and got a night of entertainment out from the locals. All in all the moral of the train was high, the pockets of the wagonmasters were filled and people will be recovering the headaches in the moring.
    As the sun goes down the train pulls of the road and stops in a clearing in the forest. The wagons are all put into a semi circle with a campfire burning steadily in the center. Several small fires are set up around the camp for those who don't wwish to join the company of the train. The company of families that ride in the wagon train all laugh merily and drinks and food are soon brought out to be shared between.
    Drazhar sits alone by one of the smaller campfires watching traveling traders dance, luagh and talk around the center fire. Drazhar leans back and rests on his elbow, his other brushing through his platinum white hair, whilst the light from the flames dance over his face.
    Raucous laghter comes from one side of the camp. Drazhar turns his attention over a smaller fire, like his own, with mery adventurers laughing with each other at some unheard joke. Drazhar looks back in the fire and takes a long sip from the mead that was being passed around the campsite.

[This message has been edited by theholygit (edited April 25, 2002).]

2. zaknafein Guest

i'd send K'seeren on a ride but as my arm is broken i cant type very fast so damn

3. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar stands up and makes to walk over to the gathered adventurers.
    'Might as well have a bit of company tonight,' Drazhar thinks to himself.
    As he neares the small party he notices several types of races in amongst the party, and a few different types of warriors. Drazhar smiles to himself.
    'So people are still putting aside their differences for an anventure still then,' He silently says to himself.
    Drazhar reaches the campfire and introduces himself.
    'Hello there, my name is Drazhar,' Drazhar lets a smile crack the sides of his mouth, 'It's been a long time since I have seen another adventurer on Feathersnake wagon train, let alone a whole party.'
    Drazhar smiles and looks at the party of adventurers.

ooc: Urm, well if anyone is interested in this post at all, i wouldn't mind it if you joined, no really i wouldn't at all....not one bit. :hahaerr:

4. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'll join, but I'm a biginner and dont know a whole lot. So tell me what to do and I'll do it!

5. theholygit Gems: 7/31

It's just a free post. Just come in with your char and start to roleplay, basically. You can start fights, maybe even open up a cravan of your own in the train. I just thought it would be a different idea to have one like this.

6. dwayne Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

MEE! mee too!
    My character is afraid of nothing, except mildew stuff you got on really old scrolls. Yes, he is a wizard, a Firemage actually.
    He is not afraid to fireball anything, even a Red Dragon (he is not stupid enough to though)
    "I will join the party with my spells and a ready tongue. Do I get to fireball stuff?"
    he says, eyes rolling eagerly, and he has the sort of grin associated with a well meaning weasel, holding a wand in one hand.

7. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

OK, here goes.

I guess my name is Findol, I'm not good at thinking of names. I'm a fighter and I'm not as person to start something. I always stay back and away from most of the people.

Findol looks up, " We are an odd bunch,but nothing can beat us."

[This message has been edited by Findol The Swift (edited March 17, 2002).]

8. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Looks down at the the burly fighter.
    'Well you seem pretty sure of yourself on that fact.'
    Drazhar settles down on the ground next to the camp fire.
    'So,' Drazhar scans the multitude of faces, 'a small bunch here haven't we? So why are you all traveling the feathersnake wagon?'
    Drazhar smiles warmly and scans the adventurers again.

9. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

"The reason I'm so sure is we've never lost a battle, or even lost a person."

"We're here to just do what we do. No other reason."

10. dwayne Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"Me? Well I like adventure. I would marry it if I was able to. But I am settling with stalking it. I also...well you already
    know that I am a pyromaniac. I also need the exprience to become powerful, so I can get all the babes? Do powerful mages get babes?" Asterxa responds. He is fiddling with a ruby wand with a flame shaped ruby at the end.

11. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

A lone traveler dressed in a dusty, trail worn robe that covers his body from sight walked up across the summit of a nearby hill to see a caravan of wagons and travelers stopped along the side of the road. The man walks up to the men sitting on and around the wagons and stops to face them. thay all stop talking and look at him, he then speaks to them all. "may i join your company my good men, i have been traveling a long time. i have sensed an evil ahead and you seem to be traveling in that direction. it shall prove safer for all of us to join company."

12. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Khazar steps out of the shadows that one of the caravans was casting over ground.

"Aha Feirhanith I wondered where the gods might make us meet again, it seems we have both found a nice company."

Khazar turns from Feirhanith and talks to the crowd.

"We would be very greatful if you would let us join you, as we are both experienced fighters and are willing to help you along on your journey at no extra cost, apart from that of your good company."

13. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar, now sitting in among the other assortment of adventurers, startles at the voices and looks up to meet the faces that own them.
    Drazhar looks right into the face of Khazar and smiles fondly.
    "Ho there Khazar, 'tis been a time that i have seen you. Wasn't it Berakalkin that we last met?" the platinum haired man asks.

14. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar looks towards his now recognisable friend...

"Ho there friend long time no see, you are right it was in Berakelkin. How are you nowadays?"

Khazar sits next to his friend and signals to Feirhanith to do the same.

15. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] ooc: hmm seeming that the berakalkin scenario hasn't finished yet, lets just make it up as we go along.

ic: Drazhar smiles companiably at Khazar.
    "Well you know the same really."
    Drazhar looks at Khazar and frowns, "Well i know what i am doing here - which is basically wriding with the Feathersnakes because they're old freinds, and plus i'd agree to help with bandits - but what are you doing on the wagon train?"

16. Khazar Gems: 6/31

"Well the thing is I was just stalking a lone phase spider that I found feasting on a dead deer and it must've phased right through here. I followed it and found you guys and decided to hide in the shadows till I noticed someone I knew. I wouldn't mind giving a hand with the bandit problem and all after I unusually lost that damn spider. What's happening then? Are you lot gonna take off on your journey or just sit here and get drunk?"

17. theholygit Gems: 7/31

"Well actually i was just planning on sitting here and getting drunk, what about you guys?" Drazhar watches happily as the few adventurers sitting around the fire nod their approval and smile.
    Drazhar laughs loudly and looks back towards Khazar. "No really, the next stop, or so i heard, is Beregost, it's where they usualy stock up and sell whatever they have left in their stocks." He pauses to clear his throught and think.
    Drazhar smiles and turns his attention to the two adventurers.
    "Say why don't you too stick with the train for a while, i'm sure i can swindle the Feathersnakes of yet another favour. And when the train reaches a stop in Beregost we can see what is to be found there?"

18. Khazar Gems: 6/31

"Ok but I hope it starts going somewhere because it seems a little boring. I need some battles like the ones we had at Barekelkin."

Khazar gently strokes his bow in admiration of how well it slew the beasts in the mines.

"What says you get them moving and we get to Beregost, I have a friend I need to see anyhow."

Khazar sees that Feirhanith is about to ask and replies...

"Yes Feirhanith it is Dramli, he's down ther fighting some knolls or orcs or summat."

19. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Drazhar nods to Khazar knowingly.
    "Well i'm sure we don't have to wait long, dawn is coming and the feathersnake train always sets of at dawn. So the caravans will be packed up soon, and the fires put out."
    Sure enough after half an hour of drinking, talking to the few adventurers around the camp-fire and reminiscing about "the old times", the call was sent out for everything to be packed up.
    The kegs were rolled into the backs of wagons and earth was thrown onto the fires.
    The caravan train was under way in no time, with the hand full of adventurers astride several horses, flanking the train.
    Drazhar trots his horse up beside Khazars' and Feirhaniths' horses.
    "It shouldn't be long before We reach Beregost now. We don't have to worry about bandit attacks this close to the city."
    As Drazhar finishes his sentance an arrow whistles past his ear and thunks into the side of the wagon next to him.
    "Or maybe not..."
    Drazhar raises the alarm along with several other patrols.
    "BANDITS! TO YOUR POSTS!"

20. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Upon hearing the arrow whistle over his head Khazar notches and lets fly an arrow with a green tinted tip and green flights...

"I'll head them off with Feirhanith, there only seems to be seven or eight of them."

Khazar riding his horse with the reigns attched to the stirrups steers the horse to the left to get the closest bandits.

"Drazhar rally the carravans and get the best troops to get the nearest bandits and the weaker ones to protect the caravans, then you can follow both of us."

Khazar gallops off and draws both of his Katanas, one of the blades glowing with a magical fire.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.