1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Carpenter dilemma (Can't complete quest)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by desperado, Dec 23, 2005.

1. desperado Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I've completed both Soul for Cuthbert(by bluffing) and Terjon Wants More quest.
    I'm trying to complete Carpenter's Dilemma quest.

I speak to Jaroo to ask for conversion and he said to ask Terjon about the conversion.
    I've ask Terjon and he said that I need to convert Holten (Fruella father). But there is no other dialog option. I've read many spoiler and none is speaking about it. I can't complete Carpenter dilemma quest.
    Please help!

[ December 23, 2005, 03:04: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. ShiningTed Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ugh! This dang quest again!

When you speak to Holten, make sure it is with someone with at least 4 ranks in Gather Information.

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you've done something out of order (from the game's perspective, not yours) and you are in trouble :(

3. desperado Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I've found how to complete the quest. I've no choice but to marry Fruella to get Holten to convert to St Cuthbert church.

Is seems that Terjon absolutely need "two soul" to accept Marek to convert to the Old Faith.

I shouldn't have try to bluff the miller.

I know a girl that is going to taste grave dust soon. Fortunately I'm playing CN

4. allyx Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If you do the carpenters quest first, just completing the heal Bing is enough to complete the conversion quest.you needn't convert any more to St Cuthbert.

5. ElConquistador Gems: 1/31

I am having trouble with the healing on Bing.

I have the required scrolls, I can read magic, I just don't know how to use the scroll to help Bing.
    Can you enlighten me? Do I need to be a higher level to use the scrolls?

6. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    First use read magic/identify to ID the spell. Then right click on the character who has the scroll in his/her possession. The round menu will appear. Here you should move the cursor over inventory, and choose the submenu "scrolls". Click on the box with the appropriate spell scroll (in this case heal) and select birn as target. Viola, he will automatically talk to you and thank you. Talk to the the other guy (cannae recall his name) and have him agree on converting (a line saying something along the lines of "with the power of St. Cuthberd..."). All you have to do now is to talk to Terjon in order to complete the quest.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Did your cleric read the scroll in order to heal?

8. capnpeej Gems: 1/31

can i just say that allthough you can ignore the fruella part of the conversion quest i wouldnt. because onces you wed and shes dead you can take her cleaver, masterwork 1d10, 17-20x3 crit!!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.