1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cat in a Wheelie bin

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Silvery, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Now, I'm not a cat person. I don't like them and they tend not to like me. I've had a problem with the woman next door to us who has two dogs that hate cats and then got a cat and couldn't understand why it kept jumping over the fence to crap in my garden. SHe also couldn't understand why I objected to having to search my garden for poo before letting my 3 year old go out and play.
    Despite this, I would never harm a cat and I think that the woman in this article is despicable.

I know there's a lot of cat people on the boards so you might be upset by this article (I have also put the clip on the RBP...I'm THAT angry about this!).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-11068063

2. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    WTF! Lol! That's cruel, but I couldn't help one of those shocked laughs when I watched the video. What did she think she was doing?? 'Nice kitty.. nice kitty.. awww lovely little kiddy cat... IN THE FOCKIN BIN!'

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Silly cow. How can she think people are over-reacting?! I completely agree with the comments that have been left by people on the Daily Mail article

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah, we all chuck cats in bins for the laugh don't we... crazy woman! She even looked around to make sure there were no witnesses before hurriedly lobbing it in!

6. Silvery

Media:
    My dad died when I was two so... /me throws Barmy in a bin

7. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Can I let him out, since my father is alive? :D

8. Silvery

Media:
    Yeah but give him a sandwich, it's been a couple of hours

9. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

*searches her pockets* Damn, no sandwich. Booze will do? :D

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I actually think she has a point when she says it is only a cat. By that I do not mean that you should mistreat cats but wouldn't it be nice if people could show this kind of outrage over all the abuse happening to humans every minute of every day? I tend to find it quite offensive the amount of energy and outrage that can be summoned when some fuzzy animal is mistreated while not half of it can be brought forth for human misery.

Drew likes this.
  11. Silvery

Media:
    Unfortunatly, humans are made to suffer like that every day. I think it's numbed us all :(

12. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

BBC must have been having a slow news day, how this is newsworthy is beyond me. There are plenty of sick people around who do a lot worse stuff than this every day.

13. Silvery

Media:
    I think it's more because of the outcry on the web in general. THe couple who owned the cat put the CCTV images on the 'net so they could try and ID the woman and it became massive within hours. It may be that they felt it was 'in the public' interest to such an extent that they HAD to cover it

14. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    She thought it'd be funny and the cat would wiggle it's way out? Most of us get past that stage when we're 5, don't we? At least, if we have cats. Or know someone who does. Or have ever run into one. Or thought about it.

Drew likes this.
  15. Barmy Army

Media:
    I just opened my wheelie bin and a wasp flew out.

What kind of sick ****er would throw a wasp in a bin?

Drew and Disciple of The Watch like this.
  16. Silvery

Media:
    The Buggers!

17. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    My favorite comment that I've read about this is "Such a waste of a good cat! People are starving in Pakistan and she throws a perfectly good kitteh in the trash bin! What was she thinking? "

Not being a cat person, I can't muster the outrage over this situation that others can. I'm in the camp of humans first and if I have any more time maybe I can find the time to worry about animals.

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I like cats, but on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a bit naughty, and 10 being horrific, IMHO this rates a 2 or 3. It's not like the cat was in mortal danger or anything. Yes, the woman's a bit of a nutcase if she thought it was funny, but it's not like she put the cat in a microwave and turned it on (which sadly has happened before and rates a 12).

19. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I doubt she thought it would be funny ... more likely she's got a sadistic streak (a weak one if this was all she could muster to satisfy it) and answered it spur-of-the-moment when the opportunity arose.

If it was 'funny', it wouldn't be so much a secret (as we see with the 'I'm about to do something bad' body language). She's lying as far as that goes, but luckily for the cat, she apparently didn't have it in her to do anything worse.

Garden variety sociopath. :p

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This rates about a 2 out of 10 on my outrage scale, and I'm as much an animal lover (especially cats) as they come. Thankfully the cat wasn't hurt. Having said that...yeah, she's a b*tch, and though she doesn't deserve quite the level of demonization she's getting, she does deserve some.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.