1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

CG3 character sheet key

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ironbeard, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Okay, I printed off a character sheet from the Character Generator, but there are some things which are bugging me. The skills Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather information, heal, hide, intimidate, jump, listen, move silently, perform, ride, scry, search, sense motive, spot, swim , use rope and wilderness lore are all marked with a diamond beside the name. The skills Balance, Climb, escape artist, hide, jump, move silently and tumble are marked with an asterisk (*) in the misc column. There is a key at the side of the sheet, but it didn't print because my paper wasn't properly lined up. I'd guess that the diamond meant the skills could be done untrained, and the asterisk meant that the skills were subject to an armour penalty, but I can't be sure. Anybody willing to help me?

2. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Yes, that's exactly it.

3. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Related question on the CG3:

Why can't I purchase animals (special mount, familiars)? Is this a registered only feature?

4. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Another related question:

How/when is it they will release a new patch and/or add the feature to create monster characters/prestige characters?

5. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

They won't release a patch for it. Wait for Master Tools to be released or use PCGen ( @ pcgen.sourceforge.net ). It has prestige class support, you can add custom campaign classes and I believe they are working on implementing monster character support too, if they haven't already. Best of all, it's free. :)

[This message has been edited by Azardu (edited September 10, 2001).]

6. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You can purchase a familiar if you are a wizard. Since it costs 100gp you better do that first before you do anything else! If you have insufficient cash it stays greyed out. It even calculates the effects, eg toad bonus to con. Druids get 'em for free IIRC.

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31

Must have been the money; didn't realize there was a cost, as it's not mentioned on that page. Interestingly, although my CON was boosted by the toad, my HP did not go up accordingly. I wanted a weasel anyway so...

/me shrugs

8. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] PCGen is a rather good tool. It may not be a pretty as the WotC program but it gets the job done and gives you more flexibility. From what I've read about Master Tools it will have a lot of issue, i.e. you can't make your own Prestiege classes or modify existing ones. It won't have a mapping function either. I'm not paying for something that I can get for free that does almost everything just as well.

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] I've had too much trouble with the version I've downloaded. It quits consistently after about 30 seconds of operation, it comes with absolutely no documentation, and is extremely difficult to figure out. For instance, I have been completely unable to modify stats. My pool is 0 (for adding points using purchase method) and I have no idea how to change it.

10. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Capstone: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25576 , under documentation :p

And the pool is supposed to start at zero. It increases as you increase your stats, just press the +/- buttons on every stat until the poll says 25 or whatever you use in your campaign. The quitting problem I can't help you with though, try a newer version and check if you have the newest Java Runtime Enviroment.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.