1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chapter 2 Bodies *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Doomfarer, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Doomfarer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Can you do anything with the two bodies you find in the Ice Temple in chapter 2? Have them in my bag of holding at present, but should I just ditch them or do you actually need them for something?

2. Pilsbane Gems: 2/31

Well I found 2 uses for them later in the game. When fighting the beholder in the bottom of dragons eye if you are encumbered he can't throw you back. So I pulled the people out of the bag and left them in my inventory so I could stay in range. Made the fight really easy.

There is also another place later in the game that if you have 3 or more bodies (I think?) you get a different reaction from an npc.

As for the two you have, you can probably dump them if you want. There are about 5 more bodies along the way, unless someone else can come up with a better use for them.

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The 'official' use for them is in chapter six. If you don't kill a particular NPC monster in chapter 1, he reappears in chapter six. You can apparently convince him to leave if you have the dead bodies. Not sure the exact details, as I wasted the bastard in chapter 1.

4. S0litude Gems: 2/31

So you (they) mean the ghost in the inn? I didn't "waste" her, but do I need to save the 2 bodies from chapter 2?

:yot:
    P.S. What else should I spare? Should I spare any quest items? And what about any rings/amulets/gems(apart from diamonds that you need)?

5. underthewronghat Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] *Spoiler*

You mean Yquog! I had heard that you could get some experience from him in chapter six, so I didn't kill him early on, and --heehee, THAT was one of the funniest things in the game...

By the time you meet him in chapter six you need:

high intimidate score
    dead cat
    dead human male
    dead human female
    dead child (not sure about this one)
    skull (not sure about this one either)

The results had me rolling on the floor...

6. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's not the wailing widow in the inn; it's the troll that asked you to fetch stuff below the cave of horde fort. You don't have to keep anything, when you need any unobvious quest item, you can always find them around the area.

7. S0litude Gems: 2/31

Where can I find the dead child?

8. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Dead child: I think somewhere in the ice temple (room near the library = study room ? - i know there were some dead bodies, but don't remember if childs corpses also).

I have two of them in my sack :cool:

9. S0litude Gems: 2/31

No there was only man's and female's corpses. The child is somewhere else...

10. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Is Yquog the monster (some kind of "whelp" I think) that you meet in the caves under the horde fortress in chapter 1? The one who wants you to collect some bracers for him from a guy on the next floor who killed his brother - and he says you mustn't kill the guy?

I did that, but then killed him afterwards, since I considered him an enemy of Targos *g*, and believed they should all be put down. (The bracers were ruined when he died. :(

If this is the guy, and I won't meet him later because I've killed him - can I then just throw away the dead cat and people, and also the scull?

Would I need the scull somewhere else? :confused:

Did I loose much experience by not being able to meet him later on?

What happens when you meet him again? Is it funnny? Please describe! :D

11. Alurith Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

not much. if you only have the bodies (male, female, cat, child) you get about 1000. If you have high intimidation you could get 1500 or 2250 (depending on your choice)

12. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Is there any way to get both the bracers and the other thing of the half daemon thing, cuz alll i got out of it was broken bracers! :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.