1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chapter 2 questions about quest XP

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Grey Ghost, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] From the quest xp list I saw that in Chapter 2, at the crash site area you can bargain with the Verbeeg to keep the giants from stoning Captain Yurst. Did anyone get this to work? If so then how, they always attack me straight up. There was also xp for bargaining between the Verbeeg and Illium (the protector of Andora), but I guess that option comes into play if you do not kill the Verbeeg and giants.

Now, which remorhaz in the Ice Wall can you teach tricks? How does this work and what type of character do I need to do this? Supposedly you can teach it to attack, guard, follow, and burrow. This sounds pretty darn cool, but the two remorhaz (not counting the queen) just seemed to want to fight and you have to kill the last one to get Zack out. It was cool to lead the one over to the queen and have her flame broil the ice wall and the two guards, but how do you teach one of them tricks?

2. Bartholomew Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've never been able to speak with the Verbeeg - he's always hostile when I approach. But if anyone has ever managed to accomplish this quest, I'd really appreciate some info for the walkthrough :)There are a few quests that appear in the games quest list that I've been unable to trigger, such as this one. I'm starting to think that this dialoge option was disabled after the beta release, or something along those lines.

I have tried to train the Remorhaz, unsuccessfully though. If it's possible it would require a high rank in Animal Empathy, and a strong charisma score. And again, if anyone *has* successfully done this, it would be great to confirm this for SPs walkthrough!

3. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My thoughts on seeing those quests were that they are probably class or race specific. Like maybe you have to speak to the Verbeeg with a half-orc or a druid or something like that. Since I have already passed this portion of the game I cannot answer this question, but: Does it make any difference if you go to the Verbeeg before you talk to Captain Yurst?

I saw that you get some different dialogue options with the Andorans if you are a cleric of Bane or Talos. Maybe this also affects the Verbeeg dialogue thing. Or maybe you just have to be evil for the verbeeg and giants not to attack you??? I don’t know about this since my party contains all good members. Well, if anyone has had some kind of reaction other than battle with the verbeeg and giants give a shout out.

4. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I already tried this. It doesn't matter whether you spoke to Yurst or not - Goublika is still hostile :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.