1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

chapter 5 journal

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by vesselle, Jun 23, 2007.

1. vesselle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

*sighs* now i have a really weird problem.
    i've finished chapter 5, fixed the bridge, got the badge, killed kerish, helped the slaves.... everything's done and i'm now in chapter 6.

pretty good, huh? but the thing is that the chapter 5 section of my journal is blank. and i didn't get any reward points. :(

i'm patched with the official patch. i replayed from just before the end of chapter 4 and it happened all over again.

anyone have any ideas?

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

I don't see what your problem is.
    For what did you exspect to get "reward points"?

You surely got XP for fixing the bridge, getting the badge and killing monsters.

It's not problematic that chapter 5 is blank, not every nuisance has to be written in the journal.

3. vesselle Gems: 3/31

*shakes her head* but it is problematic when you don't get experience.

4. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

So you didn't get a single point of XP during chapter 5 ? :confused:

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Are you saying that you didn't get any experience during Chapter 5, or that you didn't get any experience from moving into Chapter 6? If it is the latter, then you shouldn't be surprised.

6. vesselle Gems: 3/31

i don't think i got any experience during chapter 5. i'm just beginning chapter 6 and everyone is level 6 or 7. unless i'm losing it, i seem to remember the last time i played everyone was about level 10 or so upon entering the final chapter.

to test this out, i uninstalled the game and reinstalled everything, made a new team and am doing another quick run-thru to see what happens. i'm crossing my fingers and hoping it was an aberration.

7. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

If your party members are only level 6 or 7 the problem must have occured earlier, those levels are usually reached early in chapter 2.
    You must be very skilled if you made it that far with such a low-level party.

8. vesselle Gems: 3/31

i just finished the game (with HoW and TotLM), and i have a few questions. i don't know how HoW and TotLM integrate into the story. did they add new areas and, if so, what areas did they add?

i've done these areas:

easthaven
    vale of shadows
    kuldahar pass
    kuldahar
    the temple of the forgotten god
    dragon's eye
    dorn's deep
    wyrm's tooth
    final return to town

thanks for any help you can give.

9. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

The expansions don't integrate into the story. They are games on their own.
    Storywise it's best to finish the main game first and play the expansion with the characters who get auto-exported just before the final battle of the main game. (Keep in mind that container content isn't exported.)
    There are some events in HoW which relate to the main game, but not the other way around.
    One event in HoW can only happen if you play with exported characters.

The TotL storyline doesn't have to do anything with the others. TotL is the more difficult than HoW.

If you don't want to export/import characters:
    Your last chance to start HoW from Kuldahar is just before going up the stairs which open after placing the 6 badges.
    Your last chance to start TotL within HoW is just before leaving for the "Sea of moving Ice".

10. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

vesselle, the closest that HOW and TOTL come to "integrating" into the IWD1 story line is that each is accessible from Kuldahar. The HOW areas are accessible thru a previously unopenable door to one of the cabins in the town. And TOTL is accessible in Kuldahar by talking to a halfling somewhere in the town, up in the inn, IIRC (but not completely certain).

However, while it is possible to play HOW and TOTL from within the main IWD1 plot, each may be too difficult unless you time it properly. As Kmonster mentions, it's probably best to simply complete the primary IWD1 story first, then start up HOW seperately and access TOTL from within HOW.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I like starting HoW as soon as my party hits the needed lvl of 9. That way HoW and ToTLM areas are more fun and challenging AND you get to complete the whole game in one, big, adventure.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.