1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Charisma Enhancing equipment?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by alighter, Sep 13, 2002.

1. alighter Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Just wonder if there are any equipment and/or tomes or something that will raise the user's charisma (permanently or when equiped), and will the increase in charisma help the sorcerer's casting ability? Thanks.

2. Pilsbane Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I found several rings that raise charisma by one or 2 points when worn.

3. alighter Gems: 4/31

so does the increase of charisma affects sorcerer's ability to cast spells? If yes, what if, say, I learned the 9th level of spell with a CHR17 and +2 from a ring, then removed the ring?

4. Ryb'a Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

try make oswald to make for you items from wolf skin (during chapter 3 in crashed ship, earlier there wasnt this option), for example cloak, gloves etc. each item increases your charisma and cold resistance by 1 point, but when i tried use two items made from wolf skin my charisma still was increased only by one point :( (
    bug or maybe this was planned?
    this is really quite a cheap way

5. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

bonuses of exactly the same sort don't stack. So two +1 Cha items still only give you +1 Cha. A ring of protection +2 (Deflection bonus to AC) and the Robe of Enfusion (+2 Deflection bonus to AC) don't combine, you only get +2.

Different types of bonuses do stack, though. So you can have armor bonus, deflection bonus, dodge bonus, generic bonus, natural armor bonus, etc to your AC. Attributes, however, don't have all these different options.

Oh, and yes your equipment based attribute modifiers should help you to cast spells.

6. desperado Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

In NWN, stat stack... in P&P too I think, it's not treat exactly like armor bonus

7. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm pretty sure they don't stack in p&p, but then there are a lot less +stat items in p&p play generally so its kind of moot.

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

IIRC in NvN you can wear two diffrent pieces of equipment with stat increase and they stack together.
    But AC types in NvN dont stack.

It seems NvN only went for some rules and not all :(

9. alighter Gems: 4/31

So what will happen if I learn lv9 spells with a charisma enhancing equipment then took it off? you'll lose the casting slots or what?

10. Vulpes Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You will not loose the casting slot, but you wont be able to cast spells of higher level than 7. (Given that your charisma is 17.) Higher level spells will be greyed out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.