1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Charlton Heston RIP

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Dice, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well another great actor has died. Although living to the age of 84 is not such a tragedy. RIP Charlton, you were one of the greats.

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh no! I loved his acting in Wayne's World!

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He was a great actor -- he was not afraid to take controversial roles throughout his career. Even his Budweiser commercial caused a stir.

His protrayal of Robert Neville was much better than Will Smith's.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I loved his acting in Bowling For Columbine

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

He was a great actor who stood up for what he believed. He will be missed. I'm gonna track down a copy of "The Ten Commandments" and watch it this weekend.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bowling for Columbine was his finest hour.

No, but hang on, it was Earth all the time! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Bowling for Columbine sure did destroy his character, imo.

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Rest in peace Mr. Heston. You will be missed.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Takara -- not to me. But then I think Michael Moore is a jerk who uses unfair tactics. Mr Moore has an agenda and he is willing to use the most unfavorable statements by a person to further whatever agenda is being followed.

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

He has left us with a classic line for women in a crowded nightclub:

11. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Moore must have learned from Bill O'Reilly - or was it Rush? Or maybe it was Hannity? Or Savage? I can't decide, for they all appear to be "jerks with agendas," who use "unfair tactics."

But Chuck? I don't think he would have an agenda. I mean, he played Moses. And damn well too. I mean, who could play Moses like that and have an agenda? He was definitely above politics - in a religious sort of way.

12. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't know if Hannity or Limbaugh sideswipe people in their own homes -- maybe they do. If they do, it doesn't matter because whoever does it is a complete dickhead, regardless of their political affiliation. To me, it looked like an old man being tricked by a smug, arrogant, tasteless, immoral bastard. That scene in and of itself made me detest Moore forever. It certainly didn't affect my opinion of Heston.

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    I like the way you said it better LDK.

Chandos: I don't like any of those. I'm fairly unbiased in my contempt for poor journalism. Political affiliation does not for me, nor should it for anyone, override common courtesy and equity.

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Gentlemen, some of the responses in this thread show a lack of class. Perhaps we could put aside politics for a moment and let the man REST IN PEACE.

This is the sensorium. Perhaps the Alleys would be a more appropriate location for the political discussion.

[Please leave the moderating to the moderators, as per our rule #20. Just because the thread isn't in AoLS doesn't mean that the political aspects of Heston's life can't be commented on. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2008
    Montresor likes this.
  15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I really did love his acting...that man had loads of charisma.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.