1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Charm bugged?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Fraction, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Fraction Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I charmed a Wolf Rider Captain, and wanted to get exp from him, after his buddies were dead.

According to the description, attacking him should stop the charm, but it does not.

According to the description, dispelling magic should stop the charm, but it does not.

He just stays there green and unselectable, although he does follow me around.

Is there any work around to make him red, or do I just have to deal with getting less exp when I use the charm spell?

Using latest patch btw.

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

The charm spells does in fact effect the XP gain in a strange way.
    I've noticed that I got XP when the goblins were killed while charmed but no XP for killng them when the charm spell had ended.

But don't bother about the little XP loss. Because of the dynamic XP calculation it won't effect your characters' XP at all on the long run. The next level up might be delayed by one kill, but the following won't.

3. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I haven't normally had problems with dspelling charm. Was the wolf rider summoned from a drum?

4. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Something like this happened to me with a worg once, too. It stayed green even if attacked, and kept following me around until I left the area (it was the Goblin warrens I think).

I've had the latest patch too.

I didn't try dispelling the charm though (it was kind of fun having the thing around, especially since I was playing a druid.)

5. spiryt Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, when I charm creatures, there often become unselectable, and I can't command them. They just stay, making charm spells little better hold person...

Same with Ranger skill...

Does anyone know how to fix the problem. I would be very happy. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.