1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cheats?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Z-Layrex, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Will IWD2 have cheats because i've always enjoyed messing around with a game after i've completed it normally.... Any ideas?

2. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Don't worry, Dalekeeper 2 will probably be out soon :D

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Most certainly it'll have console codes just like all IE games. Anyway, the game isn't even out yet and you're asking for cheats already .... :eek:

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The author of DaleCheater posted that he doesn't have time nor plans for IWD2 cheating utility.
    Anyway, existing DaleCheater won't be able to mess the IWD2 saves.

However, this doesn't mean there is no GAM files editor to use and it is useable in any game. It's just not easy and decoration only like SK, DK and whatever K were. It's Near Infinity.
    Plus, you may always use hex editor.

But why would you cheat anyway? I can't believe that the game is so hard that must be cheated to finish it.

About the Console - if it will be enabled, the complete list of console commands will be first posted on SP, just like BG2 commands were. I'm not talking about CreateItem and such abuseable commands, but about ALL commands that Console will accept. Again, if Console can be enabled in IWD2.

[ August 28, 2002, 16:51: Message edited by: Extremist ]

5. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

I think the console will be enabled.

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Extremist, do you read the first post of a topic or do you just go by the title? I said that i will complete it as normal first time, but i may want to cheat in the future.

[ August 28, 2002, 19:32: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Oh, I read, I read, but most of the time I read between lines, especially when the game is not released yet.

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Someone will put out a pretty editor after the game takes off. But at first, memory pokes and hex editing will reign supreme.

That's my plan, anyways. Make my party, backup the savegame, and start hacking. It makes thing a little tougher if they encrypt the save game (hello, arcanum), but there's always a way to gold...

9. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I like the idea of having a fully-enabled console as in BG2, to get past any nasty plot bugs. I would have burned my copy of BG2 without it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.