1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cleric or Cleric/Mage or Cleric/Sorcerer

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Christian, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] In two weeks, me and my friend will start a new adventure with new characters...

there's one dwarf fighter, one half-orc barbarian, one gnome sorcerer. and I don't know what to take... because the guy who will play as a sorcerer is a real newbie to D&D and I think he will have a hard time with a sorcerer and he absolutly want a sorcerer so be it.

but, with this group, I don't know what to take, I want some spellcasting ability, healing abilities too so, a cleric would be a good choice but if we consider the newbie as a sorcerer, I should take some level in a mage or sorcerer. oh and by the way, we will play with the 3rd edition rule.

And with all that, we will start lvl 4 of character level. I just don't know what to do. I have never multiclass cleric and mage, I have played both in the pass but not together... don't know what to do.

Any help is welcome :)

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Make him familiar with the rules and his character out of the game. The DM should help with this. For example, the DM could have a tutor along with the sorcerer through the first session, who teaches his him lessons in game. Sort of like an ingame tutorial. This will help your "newbie" familiarize himself with the game. The role of tutor can also be played by the sorcerer's familiar for example. The familiar could give comments or advice on certain situations to the noob sorcerer.

I think you can safely take a full cleric class, instead of multying, if the person new to the system is properly "educated". Yes he'll make mistakes, and your party might end up paying for it, but that's the fun of the game. It doesn't have to played to perfection.

(My apologies for the mess in the post, I'm in dire need of sleep ;) )

3. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Thank you very much.

I'll probably go for a straight cleric :) I will have better spell faster that way. I think it will help the two fighter of the group :)

or maybe for one time I'll go for an evil cleric, hehe. perhaps :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.