1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Command & Conquer for free

Discussion in 'Playground' started by chevalier, Sep 4, 2007.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  2. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I still have the original C&C in 10 convenient floppy disks! :grin:

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Mine's on the origonal CD.

...But it doesn't work, so I bought "The First Decade" :D

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The version linked is supposed to work on Windows XP.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ex-cellent, I will need to DL this soon. I haven't done the original NOD campaign, so this might be fun.

6. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Thank you very much for the link - though the game's not available anymore *g*!

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Does look that way. I'll look around some more though to see what can be found...

Edit: The link says that they aren't hosting the file themselves and instructed users to look for it on fileplanet.com or some fan sites.

Found two parts, one is the GDI campaign, the other the NOD campaign. I believe they have to be downloaded seperately.

GDI game

NOD game

Each file is over 550 Mb, so I'll bookmark them until we get Highspeed...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  8. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Finished the Nod Campaign. I was just about wondering if the last movie had been a spoof parodying one of the classical XP games, when I realized what was going on. Heh, that must have been one of the earliest dynamic endings in RTS history, if not computer games history.

9. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Some more mirrors from gamershell:

GDI (580 MB)
    NOD (565 MB)

For Euro users, gamershell should be more than a fair bit faster.

I have the original version and the First Decade version, but the original was for DOS, and will run on my PC like a cybernetic rabbit on nitro while seeing drug-induced visions of dogs on its tail, while the First Decade version lacks one of the most important aspect of the game: the movies. And since The Shaman more than hints that these downloads have movies in them, I can hardly wait.

Was the original C&C the only one released? Or maybe the expansion as well?

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

The expansion? I don't think it has movies, at any rate... and I think it was more like a mission pack anyway. But yeah, this was the real deal, movies and anything... Man, that takes me back. C&C was the first game which I ever saw the full version of, at a PC a cousin had.

At any rate, I think the original could run under XP if you emulated it as if you were running it under 95. A friend borrowed me the GDI cd back in college, and it was quite fun. Never saw the iconic GDI win animation, though (the ion cannon one); I heard it was cooler and it's the one that conceptually was accepted, but I didn't have the nerve to replay that last level.

11. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yes, well, since the Lord loves you, He has seen fit to make that ending available on Youtube.

12. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh my God! The nostalgia!

/wanders of to download!

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Never got around to playing C&C. :o Ah well, no time like the present, eh? /me gets in line behind olimikrig.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.