1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Coolest monsters

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Firkraaq, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Firkraaq Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I want to know what is the coolest monster type in your opinion and i hope it won't be dragons dragons and dragons. i like the sahuagins and mind flayers!

2. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] Your name seems to suggest otherwise. :cool:

For me? Gotta be demons. Easy to kill plus high experience for it. I also am fond of Sahuagin, Koa-Toa, and Mind Flayers too. I hate beholders.

3. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hmm, well I dunno... dragons?

well actually any DEAD monster is pretty cool

4. Firkraaq Gems: 1/31

Okay okay!!
    i like one dragon and that is firkraaq but
    still other drgons suck!

5. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

My favourite: the Demons :evil:

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Hmm, so many to choose from. If it was a specific monster from the game it would be the spectator guarding the chest. Firstly because he's funny and secondly he's a beholder I can talk rerther than have to fight :flaming:
    Probably the illithids because of some stories from our old Underdark campaign in AD&D ;) .

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I like the Illithids and the Beholders, for some people they´re thougher then dragon´s, but with the strategy I use, they´re almost as easy as Gibberlings :D

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Thinking back to the first time I played the game, I think the hardest fight I had was with Tanova, the vampire mage in Bodhi's lair. She kicked my butt a couple of times before I nailed her. Thus, I like her because she had spunk.

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I find the rakshasha and maharadja's very cool. The way they swing those falchions is really great.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    My favorite would have to be Golems. They actually put up a pretty good chalenge.

The easiest to kill would have to be any beholders, now that I have the shield of Balduran. :evil: :rolling:

11. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Ah, I remember having to play BG2 without the bonus merchant in The Adventure Mart. I also remember having to fight beholders wothout the shield of Balduran. Thats why I liked the spectator ;) .
    Although even with the shield of Balduran the eldar orbs in hell put up a good fight. Damn imprison using on main character using..*grumble, grumble*. Thats why I let someone else go first the next time ;) .

12. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think the Bone Golem and skeletal warriors have nice animation. Same goes for the lich, but he's covered up with spell protections half the time.

13. /-\rtemis Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I like the cambion in the begining of the game it looks really cool. Also the dragons are good too.

14. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The Drows!

15. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Coolest monster.. would have to be a lich.

Coolest enemies / encounters. Any of the ones with a party of high-level mages and warriors that aren't taken to unrealistic proportions by the Ascension module.

16. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The coolest? i must say ME. Well, the Slayer anyways...now that is tanking=)

17. EarthSam Gems: 1/31

I like Beholders because they're so cute.

18. Velcro Gems: 1/31

I would have to say other adventuring parties are my favorite. In particular Mencar Pebblecrusher and party, in the upper rooms of the Den of the Seven Vales. They were encountered right after getting out of Irenicus’ dungeon and getting Arie. Now that was a challenge given the party's level.

19. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

20. Malovae Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Definatly liches (always like to chat before you hack em to pieces)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.