1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Coolest/Toughest battles?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Joesocwork, May 13, 2002.

1. Joesocwork Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] A new poll, (w/due respects to Magus)
    My battles are pre & post Twisted Rune.

Prior to Twisted Rune, my first tough one was Mencar. After my party was experienced enough to battle him I then went for the standard battles w/ the Shadow Dragon, Draug Fea & the goons under the Temple District sewer. Into the game I spent a few nights against the Mind Flayers until I gave up and realized that I could just send skeletons after them.

Twisted Rune, however, was the toughest, most complete, strategy laden battle I fought. It took several nights (just an hour or so at night - I am a family man :coffee: afterall) & I had to plan an opening game, middle game, and an end game fight, just like chess. However, after Twisted Rune, everything else has been wimpishly easy, including Sion & the slavers, the Planar Sphere, Bohdi, and Irenicus in the next ch's. I even got Firkraag w/out even reloading! :hahaerr:

Sorry, however, I have never tried Kangaxx :money: !

However, the cool & well earned battles make me wish that Black Isle/ Wizards of the Coast had installed an instant replay w/ save function to relive them. :roll:

[This message has been edited by Joesocwork (edited May 14, 2002).]

2. Que Rong Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Bodhi Finale with Solaufein Romance Mod Pack on the "hard" difficulty level.

Whoever designed that battle (Weimer and friends) must have been somewhat sadistic. My party was slaughtered the first time. And the next twelve times too.

After three days of hair-pulling and strategizing, I finally beat the sick sister. And by then, it was a personal vendetta. Kudos to the designers, I think.

3. Zakar Gems: 1/31

First time I fought Kangaxx I died. Then I reloaded and used heaps of spells, Ring of Ram etc, and finally killed him.

Then he turned into the demilich. Imprisionment at will is a b****.

On my second time through it was easy though. Just got Me (As Slayer) and Korgan onto him, and used both Rings of the Ram. Another good method for beating him is to have lots of wizards throw melfs minute meteors at him. These little things seem to always hit. Ill try it one day against the demigorgon when i get TOB

[This message has been edited by Zakar (edited May 14, 2002).]

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Toughest battle I ever had was with my solo lowlevel F/M/T against the party in the sewers. I had to use every trick up my sleeve to bust that group apart :) The mage was hardest, but eventually they all went down :p

Oh, and Adalon is pretty hefty as well.

5. Zakar Gems: 1/31

Adalon is easily the toughest dragon in the game. Followed by Nizzimitit or whatever in Sundelesslar. His plant growth spell is really annoying.

With my current party I still axed them all without any reloads.(except the Hell dragon whom I didn't fight)

6. Dralend Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Agree with Zakar that Adalon was a very hard battle, particularly as my group was totally unprepared. I was carrying various sets of dragon eggs, but the real ones were tainted, uh oh :aaa:

However, a very tough battle was against the last group of harpers (including Jeremon a pretty high level mage who favours chain lightning :eek: ). You need to keep Jaheira in your party for quite some time for the Harper plot to play itself out. The final confrontation with Dermin Courtierdale and Jeremon and others I found pretty tricky, partly as you don't know when exactly they're going to spawn in.

Really, though the Twisted Rune was hardest by far, and took many reloads particularly having Jan and Aerie in the party.

7. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I didn't get very far, but the hardest battle I came up to was a pair of Greater Wolfweres, stupid regeneration..and Adalon, I tried a couple times and got smoked each and every one.
    Coolest battles (so far) were the slave revolt in the Copper Coronet and the rebellion in the Sahuagin City.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.