1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Coran Left

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Sorvo, Aug 23, 2024.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I hade a wyvern head on him to boot! Tried to go sell it, Priest didn't take it. I went back to Cloak wood and he left the second I get there :confused: :beer:

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, IIRC you only have seven days (that might be when he starts complaining) and it has to be an adult wyvern head -- the guy doesn't want a young wyvern's head.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's no such thing as a young wyvern's head. Young ones simply don't drop one. In the EE you have to kill a very specific wyvern for his quest that appears in the wyvern cave in the fourth area of Cloakwood (just before the mines area). After that, you need to return to the priest with any wyvern head. You have a total of 8 days to do so and get back to the temple from the moment you talk to Coran.

Edit: Actually, I misremembered. It's 8 days until you get a warning and then another 8 days before he leaves the party.

In classic BG, you could just kill any wyvern (like the ones from random encounters) and bring its head back to the Priest.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    By the way, if you don't want to reload too far back, you can just load the last save, before he left the party, and give yourself a little extension:
    Code:
    C:Eval('SetGlobalTimer("CORAN","GLOBAL",EIGHT_DAYS)')
    You can thank me later. :shake:

5. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Looks like that's what I have to do, my head was from a random encounter :o Thanx again Kenny :beer:

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Like I said, doesn't matter where the head's from, but you still have to kill that wyvern in the cave.

7. Sorvo

Media:
    I see :beer: "Encounter over Object"

8. Gallowglass Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I recommend not recruiting Coran at the first opportunity. Clear his map, move on and clear the next two maps (the Spiders and the Druids), then go back and recruit Coran to tackle the fourth Cloakwood map (where the cave is which contains the particular wyvern he's hunting). OR if you want Coran for your permanent party, then you could recruit him sooner (when your xp count is just over a threshhold for advantageous levelling-to-match), but in that case don't fully clear the intervening maps, just cut across a corner (to open access to the next map) until you reach the map with his wyvern cave, then go back and clear the Spiders and Druids maps after handing in Coran's prize. Coran's quest is one of the few in which the timing is tight to get it done before time runs out. (The other main example of tight timing is Kivan, whose timer is impossible unless you delay recruiting him until you're just about to go to the Bandit Camp.)

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Neither of those is impossible unless you do a bunch of off-trail exploring.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.