1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Counter Striker

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Sarevok•, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yes the best online game of 2003/2004 goes to CS again!!

From me.

No, CoD doesn't come close.

:wave:

2. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Man I love this game.I came to it late though only got it last year.

When steam came out I hated it.Then they fixed it and it seemed pretty good,but it did not seem like many people were playing on steam so I took it off my computer.

I still play 1.5 but it seems like the number of servers to play on is shrinking.

So Sarevok do you use steam?Should I reload it onto my computer?Is there more people playing on it now?

3. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I play on 1.6, it is what CAL uses so I kinda have to follow along. I actually like it better, the hitboxes are actually on the person, instead of just infront of or behind them

4. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

CS is indeed the greatest online game ever.
    1.6 is better than 1.5, but Steam still sucks bigtime. But it´s a small price to play this wonderful game.

So yes, reinstall Steam and join the 1.6 party already :D

5. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thanks Duke Eltan I think I will reinstall and see whats going on with steam now.
    The gameplay did seem smoother and the graphics were a little better on 1.6.

Maybe Ill see you guys on a server.

6. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ah but it is not all good, the biggest problem which has made me stop playing it many times is the ->ChEaTeRs<-. You can be sure to find one now in almost every server you play on.

7. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Or, you find yourself a great server and play on that one all the time. Since I started playing CS 1½ year ago I have pretty much been on the same server all the time. And most people that play there have also been there that long or longer. They arrange parties at an internet cafe´ so we´ve met IRL several times. Atleast most of us. This way we know that the others dont cheat and the ones that do get banned quicker than you can spell ban :) There are great servers out there, the problem is to find them.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Meaning; become a regular ;)

I don't play CS for one, specific reason; I just HATE the insta-gib part of the game. :mad: Every server needs just one ûber l77t aimbot player to ruin the whole fun with headshots after headshot. :nolike:

Lucky me found a lot better game than CS, it's a similar mod too; Natural Selection ;) Wipes floor with CS any day (v2 certainly did, and v3 surely will once they finish it)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.