1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Creating prestige classes

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by kemanmaldea, Aug 22, 2001.

1. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

If you want to try and recieve our comments on them feel free to post here.

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Here is the PC I'm going to be using for my Cleric of Pelor character. What do you think?

Edit - FYI This is rather long and some of the formating is messed up. I hope you can still figure out the chart at the beginning.

SUNLORD
    Dungeons & Dragons 3E Prestige Class

Hit Die: d8

Statistics for Sunlord
    Level Attack Bonus Fortitude Save Reflex Save Will Save Special
    1 +1 +2 0 +2 Increased Spell Level
    2 +2 +3 0 +3 Sunsight, Daylight 1/day
    3 +3 +3 +1 +3 Increased Spell Level
    4 +3 +4 +1 +4 Light Enhancement, Searing Light 1/day
    5 +4 +4 +1 +4 Increased Spell Level
    6 +5 +5 +2 +5 Fire Resistance, Sunfire
    7 +6 +5 +2 +5 Increased Spell Level
    8 +6 +6 +2 +6 King of Helios
    9 +7 +6 +3 +6 Increased Spell Level
    10 +8 +7 +3 +7 Power of the Sun

Requirements

Alignment Non-Evil
    Base Attack +6
    Craft (Sun Dial) 4 Ranks
    Knowledge (Astronomy) 4 Ranks
    Knowledge (Religion) 8 Ranks
    Special Sunlords must be capable of casting divine spells.

Class Skills

Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.
    The sunlord's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are:

Craft (Int)
    Heal (Wis)
    Knowledge (Astronomy) (Int)
    Knowledge (Religion) (Int)
    Scry (Int)
    Spellcraft (Int)
    Wilderness Lore (Wis)

Sunlords are men and women who revere the life-giving power of the sun and focus much of their spiritual life in the pursuit of understanding the sun itself. They have a deep appreciation for life and nature and work towards maintaining the natural order.

Sunlords are most commonly druids or priests of nature or sun gods. Occasionally a paladin or ranger will become a sunlord, but it is rare. Multi-class barbarians occasionally follow the path of the sun. It is very rare for a multi-class sorcerer or wizard to become a sunlord. Elves, half-elves, and halflings are the most common races.

Sunlords are very much like druids in their philosophy. They tend to act as healers and nurturers, using their magic to calm harsh weather, improve crops and aid the sick. The more militant sunlords, such as those with paladin or ranger backgrounds, often use their power to fight evil and undead. Some of the greatest champions of sun gods are paladin/sunlords. Sunlords tend to live in places with much sunlight, such as tropical or desert locations. Areas with frequent cloud cover or underground realms are generally avoided.

In many areas, sunlords form enclaves much like druids. In fact, many druid enclaves include sunlords and vice versa. The two groups generally work well together except for the evil druids. Sunlords prefer brightly colored garb and light armor. It is difficult to enjoy the caress of the sun in a suit of chainmail.

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency Sunlords gain no new proficiency, but they retain any proficiencies acquired from other classes.

Increased Spell Level At first level, and at every other level, the sunlord increases the spell level of his divine spellcasting class. For example, a 10th level cleric and 1st level sunlord casts spells as a 11th level cleric. Only spell casting level and number of spells per day increases, not any other class ability. Clerics, druids, paladins, and rangers are all eligible for this spell level increase. If a sunlord has multiple classes that cast divine spells, only one class can receive the increase. Also, the sunlord gains the Sun domain at 1st level if he doesn't have it already.

Sunsight Sunlords of this level are able to see as though in daylight at all times. Even in a lightless cavern a sunlord sees as though illuminated by the noonday sun. This vision extends for 120 feet and is an extraordinary ability.

Daylight At 2nd level, the sunlord is able to cast Daylight 1/day as a spell-like ability. The spell is cast at the sunlord's character level.

Light Enhancement At this level, sunlords cast all Sun domain spells as if they were two levels higher for determining range, duration, damage and other level-dependant factors. In addition, a sunlord now adds his class level to all damage rolls for Sun domain spells as well. For example, a spell normally dealing 3d8 damage would now inflict 3d8+4 damage.

Searing Light At 4th level, the sunlord is able to cast Searing Light 1/day as a spell-like ability. The spell is cast at the sunlord's character level.

Fire Resistance Due to their affinity with sun and heat, sunlords gain Fire Resistance of 10. This is a supernatural ability.

Sunfire A sunlord of this level can choose to convert normal divine spells into sunfire. The same rules apply as converting spontaneous healing spells. Sunfire is a beam of pure sunlight 50 feet long plus 5 feet per class level of the sunlord. It can hit one foe and inflicts 1d6 damage for every level of the spell converted. Thus, a sunlord who converts a 4th level spell into sunfire inflicts 4d6 damage. Opponents make a reflex save for half damage, and the pure sunlight inflicts double damage upon undead. Fire resistance applies against sunfire. This is an extraordinary ability.

King of Helios The sunlord is bolstered by the power of the sun. While outdoors on a sunny day, the sunlord gains +2 morale to Will Saves, +2 Constitution (and the accompanying hit points), and casts spells as a level higher. This does not increase the number of spells per day, only the level dependant variables such as range and damage. These bonuses do not apply at night, indoors, in heavy cloud cover, or in artificial sunlight. A sunlord standing in a deeper darkness spell effect loses these bonuses until out of the conjured darkness. King of Helios is a supernatural ability.

Power of the Sun In conditions where the King of Helios bonus applies, sunlords at 10th level gain tremendous spell-casting power. There is a 25% (1 on 1d4) that any divine spell cast while outdoors in sunlight is not removed from memory. Thus, a sunlord casting heal upon an ally while the sun shines on them (even in shade) has a 25% chance of retaining the ability to cast heal again the same day. Spells that are converted to healing or sunfire are not affected by this ability and are automatically removed from spells still available for the day. This is a supernatural ability.

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited August 23, 2001).]

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Very nice, it must have costed you some time to create this, but I think you've done your job excellent, and this makes a campaign ever greater to play.

4. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Very nice I was able to figure it out.
    I expecialy like the last power mentioned.

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I glad you like it. It is a nice PC. I agree Power of the Sun is a cool ability. There is nothing like casting a spell and having a chance to keep it. But Sunlord 10th is a long way off. My cleric is only 4th level now. Our DM is a little light on XP so it will be a while until I even start the PC. I need 3 more normal cleric level to even begin taking PC levels. There will be a quest involving Pelor to start the PC and get rid of this cursed item I have. Even though we get shafted on XP a bit the DM is great with the story line.

I'll be there someday, and then "Let the creatures of Darkness be driven before the light!"

6. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Indeed, I like that PC too. You wouldn't normally think of one dealing with something like that. Very creative... then again, I guess you would have to be to be a DM. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.