1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

D&D inspired songs

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by theZakon, Sep 15, 2003.

1. theZakon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I was wondering if any of you people heard any songs that were inspired by D&D. If you have, who were they performed by and what were they called?
    I listen to metal mainly and have heard the following songs that are related to D&D:
    Raistlin and the Rose, Burn Fire Burn by Lake of Tears and The Soulforged by Blind Guardian. IMO they aren't realy that good. If any of heard them, what do you think of them?

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

It may be only in my opinion, but I think that Black Sabbath's song Neon Knights sounds like one.
    Since they sing about dragons, kings and stuff...

3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Hey maybe GW could bring out a whole new army...Neon Knights now they would look cool :)

4. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

They are not from D&D but inspired by fantasy books. Stormbringer Deep Purple, Battle of Evermore Led Zeppelin there are more i just can't remember them now

5. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Led Zeppelin is known for making songs that refer back to Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

Mithrantir has mentioned The Battle of Evermore, but there are also others, one of my favorites being the Misty Mountain Hop.

A lot of early heavy metal bands usually sang about "D&D" type stuff - sorcerers, witches, necromancers, warriors, monsters, and other things like that.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Isn't there a song called 'Hey Dude'or something :hmm:

8. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Dungeons and Dragon, by Stephen Lynch. Hilarious song. :D

Have you heard about the D&D soundtrack Wizards of the Coasts is publishing? It isn't metal, it is more classical background music like in Lord of the Rings and other fantasy movies.

There was an article about it on the Wizards site a while ago, but I can't find it at the moment. I will give the link if I find it, there are two songs to download.

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    There's quite a bit of filk music available at fantasy conventions, or at least there used to be. This is the psuedo-folk music that's based on fantasy. Most of this stuff was produced in someone's basement, so be prepared for some pretty low-quality stuff. I don't know where to go outside of cons to get it, though - maybe google on "filk"?

The one I remember is:
    Find me a horse, red as the sun
    Find me a blade that will make their blood run!
    For I ride out at dawn while the sun's in the sky
    So the buzzards can see where the bodies will lie.

Fun stuff, eh?

10. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Aha! See, if you came to Science Fiction Conventions, you'd know there are LOTS of songs about D&D, and you'd have sung them with me in varying states of inebriation.
    Rolling on a D4

A Grazing Mace

The Apprentice's Lament

Dungeons and Dragons

And this isn't about D&D, but it's been one of my personal favorites for a long time...

The Hedgehog Song

Slappy, do you still have the lyrics to "101 ways to kill your Kangaxx"? I can't find it now...

11. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Harkle, ROTFLMAO!!!! That was the funniest song I have ever heard!

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The D&D waltz from the movie 'Dungeons and Dragons' is marvellous. I have even danced it, actually :D

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    D&d waltz isn't there :(

15. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Warriors of the World United by ManOWar...

16. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Guess I'm Ready to Roll-Flashlight Brown

I got a 20 sider on call
    dressed up and ready to roll

I got the real world blinded

Midnight, torchlight down in the haunted cave.
    Get some platinum the D.M. will turn the page.

Check out my thief he's got the black shield
    Check out my sickly cave tan

Lawful, evil a moral catastrophe
    Half-orc, full-dork; the myth and reality

We may not know any girls
    But we got graph paper guiding our way
    We got confusion, delusion
    And all of Friday night to kill.

Pick up the phone the pizza's still late

Pick up from where your mule died
    That was by far the best time that we ever had.
    That was by far the best time that we ever had.

Get to the tavern have a few beers
    Pick up an Elvin bar whore

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.