1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

D&D mix with D20 Modern

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by RingMaster, Jul 27, 2003.

1. RingMaster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I was wondering if anyone else had ever run a game that parrelled d20 modern with D&D. The setting im using is current day with modern weapons. Yet the world began changing and new creatures are appearing. It makes for a rather twisting plot. I was curious as if to anyone else had tried this type of crossing before and any problems they've run in to.

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Have you ever seen the Shadowrun RPG? That setting cover the idea of D&D type creatures in a near future setting. Mages and machine-guns are always an interesting mix. I looked over the D20 Modern rules but wasn't all that impressed.

3. RingMaster Gems: 1/31

I've played Shadowrun before for sometime. This game isn't like that. What we did was each player, made themselves into a d20 modern character. No stats were even rolled. Everyones ability points were predetermined by others in the group. We even went so far as to see the distance you could move in 6 seconds. Most people's speed was 30/25. For those who couldn't make it the 120 feet in six seconds. The game runs along in real time standers now, after the end of the world. Hell on earth has begun to slowly freeze over and demonic creatures from both the Monster Manual and Book of Vile darkness appear. The players face problems of getting weapons or at least ammo, food, water and power.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Actually I've been thinking of a modern game with adapted d&d classes like paladin or ranger - by no means deprived of their mystique, but not casting spells, using magic etc.

BTW, George W. Scrub is Barbarian/Psion/Jester 3/3/3 :D

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Language proficiency: Mexican

;)

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] RingMaster, it does sound like an interesting idea. The 'end of the world' concept does give it a different feel than the developed culture and society of Shadowrun. More of an Earth Dawn fell with modern tech? I also like the 'create yourself' character idea. I've tried the something with GURPS before, but having a accurate templete is import to keep things fair accross the boards. Do you use any other tests besides the running to keep the points fair? STR, DEX, and CON can be measured rather easily but INT, WIS and CHA are a bit harder to pin down.

7. RingMaster Gems: 1/31

You really just need the group to all decide on the individual. I mean we tried IQ scores to tall different types of test. When it came down to it, the best thing we could do was have everyone vote, going off the standards of average human being 11's across the board, considering that you are above human standards in some areas. Where below maybe in others. I.E. We have a friend whos blind in one eye, giving him a Dex of 9. He took the negatives because it effects his hand eye cordination and depth percep. Just stuff like that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.