1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Damnit Salvatore you screwed up! ***spoilers***

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Abomination, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

[​IMG] Was just going through my R.A. Salvatore Drizzt Saga collection (from 'The Dark Elf Trilogy' to 'The Hunter's Blades' Trilogy) and I found one very silly error on his behalf. In 'Passage to Dawn' an imp named Druzil is killed on the prime material plane by Drizzt, thus banishing him from the prime material plane for 100 years. This rule can be undone if Drizzt was to summon Druzil. In the next book 'The Silent Blade' (which is about 1-5 months after 'Passage to Dawn') Druzil is summoned by Rai'gy! This is not possible! Unless somehow the rules for a balor do not apply to an imp.

All I can say is Salvatore erred big time here. A main component in the plot of 'Passage to Dawn' was the fact that only Drizzt could undo the 100 year banishment he inflicted upon the Balor, Errtu by being the one to summon him. Drizzt does so to gather information reguarding his father. For Salvatore to forget this rule after only one book is very foolish.

Oh well, I still like his writing. First mistake I've found story wise.

[ December 15, 2003, 13:46: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Maybe the rules about summoning Imps are a little different then summoning Baalors. I mean Imps are kinda like weak compare to a demon.

3. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Druzil may not be the imps true name. Only the true names are unique, just names aren't.

4. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I'm willing to forgive him, if it's indeed an error he made. ;)

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Druzil 'is' the imp's true name. Cadderly from The Cleric Quintet who appears in The Silent Blade mentions summoning Druzil time and time again and only that imp. In order to summon an imp time and time again and to get the same imp every time you would have to know that imp's name and call for it specifically.

Not to mention it doesn't matter what his 'true' name is. He was 'killed' on the prime material plane. Therefore he can't be summoned - by anyone, name known or not.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] What if Druzil is the demonic equivalent to Jennifer, or Michael in that it is a very common demon name?
    :p ;) :grin: :spin: :roll:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.