1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dark taint

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tassadar, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

what on earth does this bhaalspawn special ability (after pocket plane challenge 3) do? i use it on the enemy, a little green slimy meteor shoots out and nothing seems to happen - so anyone know what it does?

2. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

that must be one of those extra bhaalspawn abilities you get from the d/l... i dunno.. havent tried it.. i finished the game before that was available and now am busy running my fighter trhough BG1

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

the icon is similar to some cleric poisen spell, so I believe they have the same effects. Look in your priests spells for a description, as I can't remember it

4. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Dark Taint (Necromancy)
    Range: 20 feet
    Duration: 1 turn
    Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: 1 creature
    Saving Throw: Negates

Through this spell, the Bhaalspawn can expel the taint of their evil sire onto a victim, poisoning those who fail their save vs. death. The effects depend upon the caster's level and are detailed below:
    7-9th level: 2d8 + 2/round, slow for 12 seconds, save at -2
    10-12th level: 3d8 + 3/round, slow for 12 seconds, save at -2
    13-14th level: 4d8 + 4/round, slow for 12 seconds, save at -2
    15-16th level: 6d8 + 5/round, slow for 24 seconds, save at -2
    17-21st level: 8d8 + 6/round, slow for 24 seconds, save at -4
    25th level: 8d8 + 6/round, slow for 36 seconds, save at -4, affects group of targets

Also, you will get Hand of Murder after you have killed the 4th Main Bhaal Spawn. This does:

Hand of Murder (Necromancy)
    Range: Caster
    Duration: 1 rounds/5 levels
    Casting Time: 1
    Saving Throw: none

When this power is called upon by the Bhaalspawn, they immediately do extra damage with each hit to their target with any melee weapon they wish (whether it be fist or sword), their dark energies travelling through their weapon and assaulting their victim...and absorb that damage as healing to themselves.
    The effects vary by level as follows:
    10th: 2 rounds, 4 hp extra damage, 4 hp healed
    15th: 3 rounds, 6 hp extra damage, 6 hp healed
    20th: 4 rounds, 8 hp extra damage, 8 hp healed
    25th: 5 rounds, 10 hp extra damage, 10 hp healed
    30th: 6 rounds, 12 hp extra damage, 12 hp healed

5. Talwin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

all the d/loaded abilities are neat but not unbalancing I reccomend getting the patch =)

6. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

i like these new abilities!

7. Merlinster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi,
    I've done four chalenges till now(the fifth awaiting :)) and I only got two special abilities: mass cure & draw upon holy might

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.