1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Darwin Awards

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sapiryl, Oct 19, 2000.

1. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] You guys (and gals) know about the Darwin Awards? They're awarded to people who, um, remove themselves from the gene pool. This is usually achieved through death.

This one guy decided to end his life in a fail-safe manner. He found a tree at the side of a cliff, and tied a noose around it. Then he doused himself in gasoline, drank poison, put the rope around his neck, and got his .357 ready. When he deemed himself ready, he jumped off the cliff, and pulled the trigger. The gunshot set off the gasoline.

However, our friend miscalculated one thing. The jerk from the noose through off his shot. The bullet sailed over his head and severed the noose. He fell all the way down the cliff face and into an icy river. The river put out the flames, and the shock made him vomit up the poison. So, it seems that he is once again safe.

He died of hypothermia in the hospital.

2. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] ROFLMAO!!!

Yeah, I think buddy deserved to win there. I've always thought those were hilarious, but I can't remember them. Got anymore? Anybody else remember the past winners of this prestigious award ;)

3. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Mithril, I have tons of Darwin Awards.

How about the guy who was waiting for a train, got impatient, and leaned over the barrier to see if it was coming? Tee-hee, he lost his head :p

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

sadistic humor is good and all, but that one that you told us about, sapiryl, i find it a bit too disturbing.

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

A pity he wasn't more headstrong..

6. Aaaah, the Darwin Awards. I have a good one. It's from the "criminal Darwin Awards", given to stupid crooks!

A Charlotte, NC man having purchased a box of very rare and very expensive
    cigars, insured them against fire among other things. Within a month having
    smoked his entire stockpile of cigars and without having made even his first
    premium payment on the policy, the man filed a claim against the insurance
    company. In his claim, the man stated the cigars were lost "in a series of
    small fires". The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious
    reason:
    that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion.

The man sued......and won!
    In delivering the ruling, the judge agreed that the claim was frivolous.

He stated nevertheless, that the man held a policy from the company in
    which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable, and also guaranteed
    that
    it would insure against fire, without defining what is considered to be
    "unacceptable fire," and was obligated to pay the claim.

Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance
    company accepted the ruling and paid the man $15,000.00 for the rare cigars
    he had lost in the "fires".

HERE COMES THE BEST PART!!
    After the man cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested
    on 24 counts of ARSON!! With his own insurance claim and testimony from the
    previous case being used against him, the man was convicted of intentionally
    burning his insured property and sentenced to 24 months in jail and a
    $24,000.00 fine.
    This is a true story and it won 1999's Criminal Darwin Award.

7. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Egg, I agree, it is disturbing. Death is disturbing, but sometimes the manner in which death is achieved can be hilarious. If I die stupidly, I want to win a Darwin Award.

Tempting God:
    During a major huricane(I don't remember which), a lawyer and two of his friends went fishing on a lake. You see, the eye of the storm had appeared, and they thought that it was over. While they were out on the lake(in a boat of course), the eye passed. Immediately, the storm kicked up worse than before. When chain lightning up to twelve miles long appeared in the sky, the lawyers two friends shouted that they should return to shore. The lawyer disagreed, and standing up he shouted, "GOD, TAKE ME!"

Immediately, he was struck by lightning and killed.

His two friends made it to shore alive.

TRUE STORY

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.