1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Deionarra (warning: spoilers requested)

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by chevalier, Aug 1, 2007.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I won't likely have the time to play again and I didn't really get very far the first time. Could someone please fill me in on whatever I might want to know about her? How does it turn out and does the Nameless One ever rejoin with her or what else happens?

2. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

It's kind of tricky, but a previous incarnation of yours tricked Deionarra to stay in the Fortress of Regrets as his eyes over the place in case something went wrong. This is the reason to Deionarras bitterness at the beginning when you first meet her, however she softens up quickly because she truly loves the nameless one even though it got her into tons of trouble. In the end when you destroy the transcended one it's left open what happens to the fortress of regrets and Deionarra, but I'd assume the circle of torment has been brought to an end and the shadows stop spawning and perhaps then even she'll get some rest. The Nameless One probably won't be joining her as in the end he is sent to the lower planes to pay for his past crimes.

This might seem a bit confusing but the plot of that game is quite complex, but I hope this clears something up.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, it was confusing because the other NPCs were romanceable (not like I got that far), while Deionarra wasn't really and she was the one claiming to be your love. All in all, strange stuff. ;) Thanks. ;)

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Yes well the thing to remember is that Deionarra fell in love with your previous incarnation and that incarnation just used her to achieve his goals, so the Nameless One never really loved Deionarra while Deionarra obviously loved him.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Towards the end of the game there are some interesting dialog options you can have with Deionarra (especially if you've used the Bronze Sphere) which essentially boil down to this: even though the current incarnation doesn't love her (simply because he doesn't know her), he still feels sorry for what she had to go through at the hand of the Practical Incarnation.

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You also find a sensory stone that Deionarra left in the Clerk's Ward before going on her journey with you.

And you will meet her father, who will ask you to help him gain access to the stone (it is in the private sensorium in the Sensate Hall, where he can't enter since he is not a sensate). In return, he can give you a legacy that Deionarra left for you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.