1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Demon is freakin hard!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by johanzain, Jul 31, 2000.

1. johanzain Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Im having trouble beating Poquelin.Could anybody give me some tips on how to beat him?

2. Ciller Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I can tell you how I killed the demon. As soon as he was finished talking and casted dispell I got my mage to whip out a haste spell. With that done I got my ranger, paladain, and to fighters to bash down the demon. I paused, had them drink potions of heroism and cloud or storm giant strength to get bigger hits and let them be... if one of them started getting hurt I had them drink potions of healing. Now the two golems attacked my druid. She could not handle them even with the help of my mage... but with the haste and boots of speed she was able to keep well away from them... When poquelin dies the golems fall and I was happily watching the final cut scene. Bonus was that no one died!! But thats just how I did it... find your own way.. its fun!

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

First things first.

Haste is a must. The more attacks you get in each round, the better for you and the worse for them.

Bless, Prayer, Hope and Courage were other spells I casted along side of Protection from Fire during the battle.

Potions of healing, invulnerability and giant strength (those that give above 20) were those I quaffed.

My thief did nothing but pick her ass, as she did the whole adventure, worthless peices of shit that they are while my mage got attacked by the Golems and ran around the room.

In the end, as Pol fell, so did one of my characters, Sylvus Moonbow to be exact, who dealt the final death blow to the foul beast.

Sylvus

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.