1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Deus Ex Problem

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Wildfire, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Ok, I bought Deus Ex at the weekend, and so far it rocks, but I seem to have come across a bug that I can't seem to get past.

I've just gone to the NSF Headgquarters in Hell's Kitchen and broadcasted the evacuate signal for the terrorists, having got UNATCO troops after me in the processs. So I return to the hotel to talk to Paul, but he's not there. So I figure he must be someone else in the region, and I have looked everywhere in the area but could not find him. So I go onto the net, and after looking at a couple of walkthroughs, have discovered that he is still meant to be in his apartement. Also, if I go out of the apartment by it's door, when I get ambushed by the UNATCO troops and 3 agents, I can kill the troops with ease, but the three Men in Black are literally invincibe. I mean exactly what I said, i.e. I have put on god mode and fired a rocket, several LAMs, had a couple of headshots on the guy with a sniper rifle as well as battering him with a crowbar and emptying every clip I have with me into them, and nothing happens.

Now I think I know the cause of it - I bought the Game of the Year edition, which comes with version 1.112 (i.e. the multiplayer patch), and it has been reported that this patch causes several issues with the single player game. Now there was a patch released to correct this problem, however, to install this patch, I need version 1.002 installed. However, I don't seem to be able to get back to this, because my game has version 1.112 automatically installed with it, i.e. there is no obvious way to get rid of this multiplayer patch.

Any ideas anyone?

[Edit] I forgot to mention, I tried getting killed, because I read that that supposedly puts you onto the next level, and nothing. I have also tried getting the code for the door to the subway of a site on the net, taken a tube to the other place, getting off there, and nothing - I just get killed again and have to reload. [/Edit]

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited February 05, 2002).]

2. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Not really an idea, but I when I have played through it I came across a few bugs myself and the easiest thing to do is to save often, not just use the quick save. Then if you come across a problem like that, just reload fom a previous location. That's what I had to do a couple of times. I also had to start over a few times until I learned the importance of saving often.....

But it is worth the restart, great game.

If you have been using cheats this is known to happen by the way, didn't sound like you were using though.

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Thanks for the reply:

1) I tried reloading from a bit before, an nothing.

2) I only used cheats after the problem came up.

[Edit] I have a save back where I was on the 747 and you are forced to either walk away, kill the terrorist, or kill your partner. I might try going back there and seeing the outcome if I follow a different path to that which I followed this time. [/Edit]

[Edit2] I replayed from the 747, but this time killed the NSF guy instead of my partner, but still got the bug :(. [/Edit2]

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited February 06, 2002).]

4. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yep great game never got that bug before but I'll look into it (Deus Ex fanatic). Yea Paul should be at the hotel but belive me the experience is short lived (SPOILER FROM DEUS EX) he gets killed by MIB's and unatco troops witch leads to JC switching sides to the NSF (END SPOILER) but yea it's worth the restart I myself restarted it 6-7 times from that point but I'm close to you in the (SPOILER) MJ12 facility after taking the subway to the park and getting captured by GUNTER ANA Navare doesn’t take you in so kill her 2 sniper shot's in the head will do and has a good ending to the phase believe me.

OK I said all that needed to be said so goodbye all.

P.S. My spelling improved thanks to Tal

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Spelling, yes, punctuation, hell no! Start finishing sentences with a period, question mark or exclamation mark.

Reading posts without them is much harder than posts with simple bad spelling.

6. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sounds like there is something seriously wrong with your game. Have you tried to copy your savegames and reinstall the game

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Ok, I tried re-installing, and that did nothing, so I went to the planetdeusex forums, and looked through their past posts in the troobleshooting forum, and came across a guy who had the same problem as me. I tried what was suggested, and it worked! :D

Anyone who has this problem, the answer is here!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.