1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo 3?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 & 4' started by Death Rabbit, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I wouldn't mind. Diablo was my first PC "RPG", though I use the term loosely. Wirt's leg as a weapon.. good times, good times ;)

Damn straight. They better get their sh*t together and make this first. I've been waiting for a damn sequel since 6th grade :mad:

2. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

its what 8 years since the last SC game. its about time they made an new game for this franchise.

but a diablo III would be nice too

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I would love to see another Diablo or Starcraft. First I want to see them finish SC Ghost! It is the Biggest game ***k up in the history of game ***k ups. Delayed for over 5 years! :almostmad:

4. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Who cares about Diablo? Hellgate: London is where it's at, guys. Same people who made Diablo, full 3-D, monsters that are a disturbing hybrid of flesh, machinery and diabolical magic to slaughter, guns as well as magic and swords and a far more interesting setting.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ahem *Cough* What 'bout Duke Nukem Forever ? *Cough*

6. Elfen Lied

Hellgate: London is ok, yeh its made by the same people but i love my medieval fantasy games. im not a big fan of FP futuristic games

isnt Hellgate: London a F/3rd person shooter and Diablo a 3rd person RPG?

7. Clixby Gems: 13/31

It depends what faction you choose. Paladins follow the Diablo formula and tend to focus on hack-n-slash combat, while Cabalists are more magic focused. Hunters, on the other hand, make the game into an FPS, since they use guns primarily and accuracy depends entirely on player skill.

8. Elfen Lied

that was kinda where i was going, diablo is only 3rd person. Hellgate: London can be either a FPS or more of a 3rd person game.

plus in really into medieval fantasy rpg games its kinda the reason im here.

9. Clixby Gems: 13/31

I personally dislike most "high" fantasy like the majority of D&D, so the atmosphere and setting of Hellgate appeals to me. I liked Diablo because it had very little Courageous Heroes Defeat The Bad Guy And Live Happily Ever After.

To be honest, I can't see a sequel coming out. There isn't much you can add to the formula that would justify making Diablo 3. There's a better likelyhood that they would just make another expansion pack.

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    But that wouldn't improve the graphics, which is what would be expected.

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

So Clixby, you would suggest that I am stuck with Diablo II and the expansion until I can afford to buy Hellgate (which you would recommend)...

12. Clixby Gems: 13/31

Would you honestly buy Diablo 3 if it was basically a prettier Diablo 2? How can you improve on the graphics of 2, anyway? I've always thought they had a timeless quality and lended a unique style to the game.

Well, the guys from Diablo and D2 are the ones designing Hellgate, so I'd guess that if you like Diablo you'll like this.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That was a joke, right? D2 graphics are 2D, 640x480 (IIRC), low-res, and look worse than the graphics in the original Diablo. I'm certainly anything but a sucker for graphics, and even I've found them awful.

Even at the time D2 was released, if it was anyone but Blizzard, releasing a game with such graphics would amount to a commercial suicide and bad reviews.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

When I first got to play it in 2000, the graphics were good, but with today's 3-D videocards, they could do it while preserving the feel of the game...

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Diablo 1 (& 2) will always have a special place on my all-time PC games list. Diablo 3 I would definitely love to see.

Bring back those Blood Knights though, they were badass.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I had fun times in Hell fighting the blood knights. I missed the hell creatures in Diablo 2.

I don't know how they would make another, but bring in on!

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Make it 1280x or higher and you would have a whole different outlook. After the disappointment of NWN2 and the horrible camera, I certainly would like to have just a simple, easy-to-control 2D view without the shiny butts and sexy lights. Okay, shiny butts would still be welcome, but they can be drawn in more detail in 2D. ;)

18. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

NPCs in 2D games seems sexier to me. Females in Diablo 2 seems like alive but the ones in 3D games like NWN seems like objects. Especially Dark Spearwoman from Act 1 and Succubus from Act 5 seems very sexy to me. If there will be a Diablo 3 I want more of those beautiful creatures. I want to be surrounded and be killed by them. And I want those hot rogue mercenaries too. :love: I think I will play some D2 now. :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.