1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Disillusionment?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Harbourboy, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] This story has just come through in New Zealand:

Disillusioned Yanks eye NZ

It claims that calls from Americans wanting to migrate to New Zealand have skyrocketed since Bush was re-elected. I find this hard to believe. Are there really that many Americans who want to leave their country because of him? Have any of you considered this?

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I am thinking about leaving the US, maybe for college, or at least once I graduate from a college. No offense, but Canada would be my first choice, but Australia and NZ are close seconds.

It's not so much Bush is the problem, it's that the U.S. is rapidly becoming a bigoted, Christianity-enforcing, police-state.

3. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Yes, we've talked about it; so has my wife's sister, who lives in the San Francisco area. What's happening here is frightening, and civilization looks VERY attractive.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

We don't mind really. But be sure to bring heaps of those nice pretty green-backs :money: For $1,000,000 we'll even welcome you with ceremonial Maori dances, or a Haka (dance the All Blacks do before a game) if you prefer :)

Hell, for $2,000,000 we'll even get the All Balcks to do the Haka for you :D

5. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I myself considered Canada first after the election, but New Zealand was on the list somewhere.

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    ...becoming?

Slavery. Jim Crow. Alien & Sedition Acts, McCarthyism, Japanese internment camps, and so on...

I'd say we're improving, if anything

7. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Replace becoming with reverting and I think we have something. The US is going backwards.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, they already have a primate for a president... what next, protoplasm?

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I was thinking a diabolic super-intelligent Lizard Man bred underground at Halliburton.

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

No, he's vice president. :D

Like I said in the RB, I talk to Americans on the phone all day and one of them spoke about how she knew people who wanted to come to Canada. She asked me how we felt about Americans coming to Canada. I said it depends on the American.

11. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Come to Australia, the climate's better. Not sydney though.
    Oh wait... We just reelected "Bonsai" meaning Little Bush aka John Howard.

Go to NZ, I'll meet you there.

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Don't forget your money! Or just send your money. As long as we get your money we're happy.

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

India's cool as well, as long as you know which city to pick.

And a MAJOR advantage...a dollar goes a long, LOOONG way over here. :D

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I heard Larry Flynt said he'll move to France if Bush gets elected again...

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'd think it would be in every foreign country's best interest (at least those who don't like the direction the US is going) to refuse immigration from the US. The more people who see a problem that leave, the less people there will be to effect a change. :)

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ever heard of Human shields? I mean, if Sweden was about to launch an all-out terror attack at the USA, it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of thousand Americans to protect us, willing or not.

Most Americans wouldn't consider moving here though, since they are brainwashed into believing that we are all Communist who will steal your money and put you into a Gulag. But we won't, it's named Arbetsläger here. :D

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehe. But I think you missed the point. Killing them would be even worse because then they couldn't come back to change things.

The point was if all the people who want change in the US leave for foreign soil, who will be left in the US? Those that like things the way they are.

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, but if half the American population leave, USA will no longer be a superstate.

19. Abomination Gems: 26/31

And we'll have alot of the intelligent peoples' MONEY! I can't stress this enough - we want you here because you're so rich you probably fart gold! I've overheard an American say "Gee Louise, let's buy this country" while they were on holiday in New Zealand - the reality is that they probaby COULD!

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, if you're not married (or into polygamy), there are many Canadians willing to do their part by wanting to marry an American

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.