1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do any girls come around here besides me?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Serora, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Serora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Well i am a female gamer... i know of one other and that is Darien...

Other then that i think we have our pick of the men :D

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I'm not female, but I'm willing to learn if they'll send me someplace special!

(paraphrase from the movie Stripes)

4. Avooch Dar Guest

Dudette is female or at least i presume so by the name.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

And of course females are unforgetable shadow_thief and "bomb the base" Stargazer. Anyone else?

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

6. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Males seem to outnumber females 100:1 on the net.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Amazingly, a post that asks about women on the boards...and 3 (now four :D) out of 6 are from guys.... :rolleyes:

This place is too funny!!!

8. Serora Gems: 4/31

What would I do if there were no computer games? I wonder why no other females are into gaming. It doesn't seem like too much of a guy thing. I've been around computer games all of my life, and it would be hard to imagine life without PC games.

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I knew Sir Bel had to chime in on this post. By the way, congrats on the new avatar, Bel. Wicked looking, though I can hardly see it. I just figured you'd be first.

10. antoine Guest

A little bit of the topic, but I was just wondering if you girls always play with female NPC's and if the guys always play with male NPC's (I always do)

11. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Guys, this was supposed to be a *girls'* topic. Get out and let us two, three girls talk in peace. And you know what? I think the reason why there are so few female gamers is because you men won't leave our computers alone. So move it! Thank you. ;)

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Okay, we can take a hint!

Oh, what's that, we're supposed to be leaving? Oh yeah, see ya. Enjoy this thread all to yourselves. ;)

GUYS - Lets leave 'em alone. And NO LOOKING!

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited June 26, 2001).]

13. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hiya! Just checking in: girl here (as mentioned by Kitiara). :)

In response to Antoine, I generally switch back and forth between male and female PCs in CRPGs, but I've only played one male in DnD. Not because I prefer to play women, but I think a female character helps to round out a good party, and the guys I play with seem to shy away from playing females. (With the notable exception of Raven, of course, who plays the hottest Undead Slayer around. :D).

14. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] I must admit i always play a female character..

Guess i just feel in real life i would never want to be a man either so why should i role play one :D

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I'm not a female however they sometimes make jokes about me saying I'm a girl. (I don't have long hair but half-long hair)

Now don't bother me anymore, I have headache and a bad hairday :D

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited June 26, 2001).]

16. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Can we have pictures of the female gamers?

17. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

lol now why would you want pictures of us lady gamers....hmmmm

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

19. Serora Gems: 4/31

Well, I play about half and half. I switch off between male and famale characters.

If I can find any good pictures of me I'll put it on here. (Headbanger's a guy)

Do guys play with female characters?

[This message has been edited by Serora (edited June 27, 2001).]

20. antoine Guest

I played BG1 two times and BG2 also 2 times and of those 4 times I played 1 time with a female (still folowing me)

So that "I always do" from my previuos post isn't true, I probably should replace it with "I usually do"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.