1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dodecahedron Crash

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by DrEd, Mar 8, 2008.

1. DrEd Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Recently came back to this game. Turns out it is really great - maybe because I'm older ?wiser. I have the four disk version. I installed the game, then the patch, then the Fix pack by Platter and then the restoration pack. Everything went swimmingly until I tried to use the dodecahedron. Got the dodecahedron open - went to "click for more" and the game froze. Tried prior save games with same result. Two questions: 1. Does anyone know how to fix this? 2. Will not being able to open the dodecahedron keep me from completing the game?

Dr Ed

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2008
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Installing the Fixpack last might be a better idea... I'm not sure how compatible they are.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've tried both install orders and both worked for me, so I'm not sure this is the problem. The packs should be fairly compatible, as most of the Restoration fixes were taken straight from the Fixpack anyway (it says "bug fixed by Platter" if you look into the detailed log).

4. DrEd Gems: 1/31

My thanks to Taluntain and Ziad. Tried reinstalling patches/mods in the reccomended order without resolution of the problem. I suspect the problem is in my save game(s). Can I still finish the game without being able to open the dodechedron? If not could someone e-mail me a game where they have just entered the lower ward? I love the game but going all the way back to the beginning would be tedious.

Dr Ed aka ehwil2 ..at.. aol.com

[I've obfuscated your e-mail; putting it out in the open will get it picked by spambots - you don't want that. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't remember if the dodecahedron is that vital, it's been a long time since I've played Torment last... do you have any savegames from before you enter the area where the dodecahedron is? Reloading the area again might avoid the issue.

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The dodecahedron is important, it contains information about something an earlier incarnation left for himself. You need to find this in order to find Ravel and progress in the game.

7. DrEd Gems: 1/31

Many thanks to all who replied to this thread. I finally got the dodecahedron to unfold and have met Ravel. Retrospectively I probably created the problem. I did not realise that the uninstall failed to remove mods and patches. Once a realised this I went back and deleted everything, reinstalled the game , patches, fix pack, and restoration pack. then put in a saved game and it worked perfectly.

DrEd

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Glad to hear it worked. Enjoy the rest of the game. The meeting with Ravel is one of my favourite bits :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.