1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Donaldus' Adventures (SoA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Ragusa, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I woke up in a dirty rat hole, pain everywhere and no breakfast too. Imoen appeared and opened my prison and together we freed Jaheira and Minsc and started to fight our way out towards freedom.
    I had a strange encounter with a Djinn that asked me some ominous questions and summoned an Ogre Magus, fortunately too stupid to cast spells, that quickly fell under Minsc mighty swordarm. I met numerous goblins, mephits and Duergars - I see it as my personal task to free Faerun from this plagues.
    I met three dryads and took their acorns. What a demon would imprison Dryads! I soon found out the name of our host: Jon Irenicus. He´d better know that halflings get really grim when not having had a good first and second breakfast ...
    The Drayds helped me to free a Djinn that had Sarevoks sword. These mephits - they could´t stun me but it hurt fighting them alone while Minsc and Jaheira were decapacitated. But that´s what Cavaliers are there for.

When I left through this portal I met a suspicious guy named Yoshimo. I casted detect evil on him and only because I got no echo I accepted him for my party. He wasn´t much helpful when we entered the room with the mephit´s portals. We quickly wiped out this beasts and found Khalids mutilated body. He was a good companion and NO ONE has to be treated that way!
    Seeing Jaheira there I swore to kill that bastard who inprisoned me and my comrades, making cruel experiments with human (and elven/ halfling/ gnomish/ dwarven and even half-orc) beeings and accumulating such an amount evil in his dirty pit. Soon after I even met a vampire! Grimly I casted protection from evil and asked Torm for holy might and engaged this foul beast of hell and killed it. I couldn´t hinder it´s gas form to escape. I have to add vampires on my list of evil creatures to wipe out.
    Sometimes I´m frightened when I look at the list of good deeds I still have to do and it´s getting longer every day. But as a paladin I don´t have to hesitate! Torm is a demanding master and I have to be strong to get my knighthood one day. I don´t want to reach this goal for me alone - it will help all halflings in Faerun who want to join the professions restricted to other races only. It is time to give equality to all races!

Finally and with an amount of luck we all reached the exit and I hoped for an end of this nightmare. Outside there was Irenicus. Before I was able to engage him, cowled wizards appeared and took him and Imoen away.
    Imoen! My true and trusty compangion during my adventures since I left candlekeep - without her help I´d never been able to free the swordcoast from the robber threat and to clean Durlag´s tower from evil ... Torm, I will neiter rest nor break till I free her from the claws of that evil demon Irenicus!

2. caleb Banned

Maybe halflings arent allowed to be paladins because no order would want to have such weak pieces of crap representing them.Take your halfing and play a bard or thief where that piece of crap belongs!

BARD AND HALFING HATERS ANONYMOUS MEET EVERY TUESDAY!

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Halflings are thieves and gnomes are mages or miners. They aren't good for anything else except bringing up the body count in a statistics list ;) Sorry Ragusa

4. Ragusa

Media:
    I forgot to tell more about Donaldus himself:

He´s a former human palading I created for BG-1: Lucky base roll of 96, he also found and used all the tomes of BG-1 resulting in very good stats. I turned him into a halfling before importing him to BG-2.

Now, at lvl-10 and after defeating Thaxll´ssillyia, Donaldus looks like that:

Normal THACO 10, actual THACO 3 with Flail-of-the-Ages; Weapon proficiencies: flails **, longswords **, single weapon styls **, katanas *; AC -7

Stats: Str-19 (w. girdle of hill giant strength, normal 18-0); dex-18; con-18; Int-12; wis-19; chr-18

Rescue throws: -1/ 1/ 0/ 5/ 2 with: Helm of Balduran, Amulet of constant shape (?!)

Equipment: field plate +1, girdle of hill giant strenght, gauntlets of healing, Helm of Balduran
    Weapons: Daystar, Flail-of-the-Ages

5. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Woohoo!! Three cheers for Donaldus! RahRahRah!!

*jumps up and down shaking her pompoms*

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

(I love that pom-pom shaking!!!!! ;) )

Donaldus, I suggest you allow all the bigots a chance to witness the might of a halfling un-bridaled! Halflings are always thieves??? Gnomes are always mages or miners? Yeah, and Irish people are always policemen and Dutch are cheap.

Friends, please give this wonderful halfling a chance. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] "Most Radiant Sir Donaldus the... halfling monkey!?" What's that they say? "You can paint a cowpie a pretty color, but in the end it's still a cowpie", there's another one concerning shit, but I'm too polite to use that ;) He's a thief, only time that a race was "called" to be a Paladin was in "War in Tethyr" in which a Hobgoblin was called by Torm to become "Shield of Innocence". Bane shoulda won that fight... :D

8. caleb Banned

[​IMG] Dont argue with me I am Caleb Dragon c.e.o. of dungeons and dragons so when I say halflings are meant to thieves then thats what their meant to be :)

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm sure Ragusa's halfing paladin will make a good opponent for evil Kensai's everywhere.

*Points at Donaldus, then points to his own throat*

"Crawl up. To here!"

10. Ragusa

Media:
    So I was standing there in this place known as waukeens promenade, in a city I´ve never been before. I guess Jaheira´s suggestion to look for allies is most promising – I really don´t know where to search for Imoen and the cowled wizards ...

I solved the circus problem and found the mother of the lost boy in front of the tent – after all it´s still a paladins duty to aid and guide the weak and retarded. I went to the slums where I met Gaelan Baye, a shady person, that offered me some support. I accepted his offer for help for I didn´t see an alternative ... I can´t find Imoen without help.
    I had to teach some impolite ruffians a lesson in respect. Unfortunately they won´t learn from their mistakes. Atkathla seems to be full of this scum, I´ve been assaulted several times by now and I fear that I will need to get used to this too soon.
    In a notorious dive named Copper Coronet I dismissed Yoshimo from servive and an arrogant guy named Anomen and Nalia joined my group. Nalia needs my help to free her familys place from evil and there has never been a quest more tailormade for a paladin like this – helping a lady in danger. As soon as I have aquired the equipment needed for a substantial fight I´ll head to the de`Arnise keep.
    I found out that Hendak, the owner of the CC was in fact a slaver promoting gladiator fights and so I helped his gladiators to break their chains. He was killed by one of his gladiators who took control of the CC after that. After years of pit fighting that´s adequate compensation if compensation is possible at all.

I entered the bridge district where I was drawn into the case of an insane maniac slaughtering innocent townsfolk. I found out that it was tanner Rejek and reported to the local comissioner who agreed to investigate further. When I visited the tanner´s house I had to find out that this devil had killed the comissioner. This was a pit of terror ... finally the tanner escaped to my dissatisfaction and I hope we will meet again to fight things out.
    Going to the temple district I soon was involved in some church issues. I had to investigate the cult of the eyeless and I found out that it was a beholder cult. I met a god´s avatar there and I found a mysterious tomb there, worth to investigate later but there´s no time for that at the moment ...
    In the sewers Keldorn, a trusty Inquisitor of the Order of Radiant Heart, joined us and he was a good support against the evils in the beholder pit. I met a mage named Mekrath and I agreed to help him to get back a mirror lost. I recognised his evil nature when he offered me a slave as a reward and killed that bastard. I let the slave, named Haer´Dalis, go and he asked me to retrieve a lost jewel for him. I´ll see what I can do. I helped the Order of Radiant Heart to get rid of a band of marauding fallen paladins and though I feel guilty for I needed to be false there I recognise the need for swift action there.
    Helping the church to get artwork for the holy temple of Lathander I crossed paths with Neb – the insane children slaughterer of Baldur´s Gate who I met in prison there. I put his evil, insane mind to peace and brought his head to the high comissioner. I seem to meet old familiars everywhere, so I met Viconia the drow and released her from the claws of a fanatic lynchmob.

Going back to the slums I encountered a guard supporting slavers and I killed him and the slavers and I found the entrance to the slaveyard there and ended their cruel business. In the sewers below I had a weird encounter ending in aquiring a talking sword, perfectly suited for Minsc. I found the slaver´s ship to be interconnected with the CC.

I and Jaheira feel more and more connected. The more I was enraged when this bastard Ployer, a slaver, cursed her – it nearly cost her live! We went to the government district to learn more about these green wizards and met one of them treacherously offering to turn against Ployer. I refused, they all will have to pay for their deeds. In the slums it took a while but finally we found Ployers rat hole, killed him and his magescum and finally broke the curse.
    After resting for a while I met Xzar and accepted to look for Montaron for I was curious about the harpers. Of course they outfoxed me resulting in the long overdue death of Xzar. Nalia remided me to go for her familys keep.

When we stopped by to refresh at the pub in the bridge district, we discovered a cave below where we met a lich summoning a creature of hell. They were powerful enough to force me to retreat. So Nalia persuaded me to let her try to search the cave for pretious items and she got gigglish from potions of master thievery. Hasted she rushed in and retrieved a mighty sword she identified as Daystar. With it´s help I finally was able to defeat. the evil in the tomb. I think it will be a good companion in future fights. We went to the adventurer´s mart to resupply when she, still gigglish, brought up a ring of regeneration and a field plate she claimed to have found somewhere. I feel that she lies but I have no proof ... we, however, headed to the de´Arnise keep then.

11. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

go for it boy!!

12. Ragusa

Media:
    Arriving at the de´Arnise keep, Nalia explained what she concealed from us that we will have to fighttrolls, Yuan-Ti and umberhulks. I was quite enthusiastic. Jaheira sometimes sais that Minsc and Lilarcor both have a bad influence on me. Girls :rolleyes:

We entered the castle through the secret door and battled our way from the cellars to the roof. Releasing the drawbridge, we and the gurads were able to effectively trap the beasts in the yard between hammer and anvil.
    We found a hall of golems and we destroyed most of them easily, though the iron golem forced us to retreat for all our melee weapons had no effect on it. We finally dealt with it using the sling of everard and a cloudkill spell. In the hall, we found the last piece of the Flail-of-the-Ages. I completed the flail and made dogstew following a hint from a servant. We forced our way through the cellar and finally found our foes. Nalia, hasted and invisible, opened the door to their feeding place and sneaked in there to place the stew.
    While the stupid beasts ran to eat, we set our order of battle: Me, Keldorn and Minsc in front and the girls and Anomen giving missile support. I heared terrible tales about the umberhulks' hypnotic view, but it doesn't seem to affect me at all, while Minsc had to use Lilarcor and Keldorn had to wear the helmet of char protection to resist. After that fight we quickly dealt with the three trolls in the last room where we expected to find Nalia´s father.

We were too late and he was dead already. The troll chief told something about a master that ordered him to attack the castle – I´d be too curious to find out about this master for I feel like not having done my work to the end. I allowed Nalia to come with me for I only too well know the feeling of having no place to go to.

Returning to Atkathla I helped Anomen to escape the grip of his evil drunken father and readjusted Keldorns family life. I gave him a couple of days off. I also talked to Lord Jierdan Firekraag and agreed to help him against the ogre threat on his land.

With my full support Minsc had promised a little boy to help the villagefolk in Umar Hills against an unknown threat. So we went there and the people told about shadows, ogres and a legendary witch named Umar. After encountering quite a lot shadows there I tend towards this possibility. In Marella´s house, she was the town´s protector, I found some hints and traces that led me to an area not too far away from there.

We entered a dark and evil place where undead and darkness were everywhere. I met a werewolf that told about the source of evil there and it offered some help against the shadowlord. I have to do strange alliances for the greater good. We rested there.
    Fighting our way to the forgotten temple Daystar reaped a rich harvest under the shadows and it´s sunray blasted away those that crowded around the mirror and encircled us.
    Down in the forgotten temple I found the long lost Mazzy Fantan and offered her to join my party. She agreed and I´m happy for this valuable reinforcement. This temple was once a sacred place of Amaunator, whose avatar I met in the forgotten temple under Atkathla. I solved his riddle and we cleaned the place from evil. Going down further we met the most formidable evil I´ve seen till then: A shadow dragon! Like me you will have heard terrible tales about these sinister creatures of darkness, so evil that I don´t even dare to think of! Fortunately we had a protection stone, a mighty artefact, that allowed us to pass undetected.

We met and killed the shadowlord and considering the terror and fear he spread he was just a lousy wimp. Unfortunately we weren´t able to rescue Marella and Mazzy´s comrades. After giving them an honourable grave and funeral we prepared for serious adventurer business – dragon hunting. Nalia prepared some spells and we repaired our weapons and sharpened our blades and went to sleep then.

Early the next morning we descended to the dragon´s lair and formed carefully. We all opened fire simultaneously: Nalia fired a double magic-missile, while I prepared to attack with daystar and Minsc, Mazzy, Jaheira and Anomen opened ranged weapon fire. Nalia immediately fired her second salvo of magic missile, chromatic orb and polymorph and the latter turned Thanxll´ssillyia into a terrible shadow-squirrel! This fierce and terrible creature nearly cut Anomen´s throat hurting him badly, draining levels and with it´s mighty tail it wiped Minsc and Mazzy away. Suffering terible blows from Lilarcor and the flail of the ages this menace was finally killed by Jaheira with a well placed bullet from her Sling of Everard. So it came to the last and final death of Thanxll´ssillyia.

We then went back to Umar Hills and cleared things between the ogres and the villagefolk and then we went on to help Jierdan Firekraag in Windspear Hills.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited October 29, 2001).]

13. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Why halflin'? Why not a half orc aye?
    Don't ya know, that only humans can be paladins, laddy?

14. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

By the way me have a very good paladin.
    His name be Crain, be level 17 with 2840000 exp points, att.s. str 18/69
    dex 17
    con 17
    int 11
    wis 13
    cha 18
    He aint a BG1 imported char, he isn't cheated.
    THACO -5 (Holy Avanger)
    AC -8 (Red Dragon Scale, The Guardians Ring, Ring of Kangax)
    Lucky hit roll me think. Stat: 94

AND HE BE HUMAN, as it should be.

15. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Oooops TIN_MAN, thanks, I must have overlooked it in the manual ...

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited April 18, 2001).]

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Paladins are overzealous idiots that have a singleminded idea, whatever it may be and just trample anything on their way to their objective with their war horses. They lack common sense and are really annoying. Bad enough we got them as humans, now we've got halfling wannabes too, where does it stop? Myconid Paladins? They are long overdue for a meeting with A certain Bladesinging Kensai... ;) Just belaboring the obvious.
    Chance Favors the Prepared mind. So you paladins better prepare, you'll need all the help you can get ;)

17. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Heh
    Another Paladin Killing Kensai.
    Just what this board needs.

18. caleb Banned

Make that three paladin killin kensai's.We could all join paladin games on mplayer and slaughter them :)

19. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Cleaning up my room I found some old in notes on Sir Donaldus adventures, intended to complete his tale. That's how it went on:

After rescueing umar hills from the menace from both the shadow dragon and the shadow lord I decided it was high time to fullfill my promise to aid Lord Jierdan Firekraag in his struggle agianst the ogre bandits. After some rest and healing we hurried to windspear hills.

Arriving there I was waylaid by a group of ogres, so I thought first. They attacked immediately and fight was unavoidable and I and my party killed them in a fight for our lives. After the fight we had to realize what we had done ... we killed a group of fellow paladins, among them my dear friend Ajantis who aided me so well in defeating Sarevok ! What an outrage !
    Just after the fight I met Garren Windspear who told me about his experiences with firkraag. So I found out about the evil nature of Firekraag. This devil plotted a vicious ambush by disguising noble fellow palladins as ogres by a mighty illusion .... and mighty it was since they seemed to see me as an ogre too ... I asked me what kind of creture could be able to a cast such a spell. He offered to talk to the noble order of radiant heart to explain this terrible mess while allowing us to rest in his safe house. Safe ! While Garren's daughter was under my protection some bandits came to Garren's house and took her away and though we were able to kill most of them I was unable to hinder them. Soon after Garren returned and I had to tell him what happened - what kind of a paladin am I ?
    I swore a holy oath to end firkraags reign of terror - first to bring back Garren's daughter and to avenge Ajantis and his fellows, to give back his land to Garren and to restore my honour !

While searching for Firkraags hideout I met the queen of dryads and gave her the acorns I took from one of Irenicus' villains. I met some Ankhegs as well but I wasn't in the mood to actually enjoy fighting them.
    Finally we found Firkraags rat hole. As I expected before casting detect evil, it was a wicked place of evil, filled with vile creatures and murderous undead. We settled that, the golems were actually pretty easy to deal with and I have to note that Jaheira's sling saved us from wasting blood, sweat and tears on them.
    Inbetween I met an adventurer and she asked for some help in exploring the dungeon for historical research. Unable to refuse to help a girl in trouble I accepted and we started to clean up this labyrinth as well. Evil Ifritis made this part relatively painful though I was protected from fire so it was relatively easy work. I can't describe how disappointed I was when I found out that she was part of a band of waylayers that attacked us for the loot we found there - a mighty sword and a magical shield. It was a stupid and foolish attempt to do so though they refused to understand, feeling the wrath of rightousness. In what times do we live today here in Faerun ? - you cannot even trust a girl in trouble :(

More surpsises were expecting me, so I found that Firkraag had ensured the services of the halforc Tazok, one of Sarevok's hands who I killed twice before (resurrection can be a real pain in the ass). Well, this encounter doubtless was our last one. We found Garren's daughter and went to meet Firkraag.
    And then we saw him in his natural form - firekraag was a red dragon, one of the most evil creatures of faerun ! This demon made me kill my comrades *for diversion* :mad: for his interest in me as a child of Bhaal.
    I promised him to return after fulfilling my promise to Garren - freeing his daughter ! And he sent out his pet-mage to fight us. His resistance was futile and shortlived.
    I returned the girl to her father and he told me that the order of radiant heart was willing to accept me as a paladin - I couldn't ignore this call and with high expectations I headed back to Atkathla.

to be continued

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited October 30, 2001).]

20. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hey, great work Ragusa :D

Keep it up :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.