1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Donating blood/organs?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No to both.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    No I don't give blood, because I have a horrible fear of needles and watching my blood drained out of my body would probably make me faint. Regardless of how people say how 'painless' it is, I just can't stand needles!

I'd probably donate organs though so long as it's not in the Monty 'can we have your liver then?' Python style of donation.

4. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I used to give blood regularly, but don't get to do it much lately. I don't care what they do with my body before they burn the rest, so if it will help other people, so be it.

5. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I started donating blood and did it once about 1 month ago, but I will continue. Maybe a little weird but I like to see blood :evil:

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    They don't want my blood at the moment, due to some meds I'm taking. However, I'll consider it when this therapy is over. I have been a registered organ donor since I first got a Driver's License, and will be for the rest of my life.

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I am unable to donate blood (being my blood's potentially toxic and all to some), but my driver's license lists me as a organ donor should something happen to me.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The only reason I would ever considering giving blood is to store it for my own future use, should anything ever happen to me one day.

As for organs... no. By the time I'm through with this life, caffeine will have dealt them considerable damage and besides, I don't want to be gutted like a fish, but that is an Alley debate.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have never given blood, mainly because I go all faint even when I go to get a blood test and they only take a small test-tube full out for that. But I suppose that's not really much of an excuse. I should just toughen up and go and do it, because it might help someone.

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I give blood every 90 days or so...In fact, I'm due.

I'm listed as an organ donor, but that Monty Python skit has me worried about it...

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haven't donated blood 'cause I need to be 17... they had a blood drive at my school and some kid gave some blood, passed out, and began convulsing...

And we only attracted 4 vampires. But blade was there to take care of them.

Once I am 18, I will get 'organ donor' printed on my card, though.

12. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Proud organ donor when I'm 18.

Blood donating, no, I fear needles too much. 'Pass out' much.

13. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

What is with you people and needles? :p

In any case I did donate blood in the army because otherwise they would have forced us on a thirty kilometer march, so donating a little bit blood was nothing. Besides as a medic I was stuck with needles several time and by people who had never done it before. Needless to say that more than a few times it was highly unsuccesful and resulted in a few broken veins and some unpleasant pain. ;)

Otherwise I'm probably too lazy to drag myself to a blood donation same goes with the organ donation I'm too lazy for getting the card and I'm not sure I feel all comfortable with organ donation.

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I can't give blood. I faint a lot when it comes to needles. Not 18 either. As for organs, I want them to stay were they are thank you very much.

15. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Like most of my fellow countrymen, I donate nothing.

16. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I don't donate my organs and I know it is wrong. I want to donate them and do the right thing but thinking yourself torn to pieces is disgusting.

17. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I used to give plasma/platelets I'm not allowed to.

I will not allow my organs to be donated, the instructions for that are in my will, my living will and expressly directed to the person who has my medical power of attorney.

18. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I don't care what they do to my organs after I die. It would be good if they could be of use after me. But I don't want to donate blood because whenever i see blood I become crazy. :nuts:

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Donate? No way. Maybe once I'm dead...then they can carve my copse up for spare parts. :p

Now *sell* on the other hand....that's a different story. There are several Plasma centers that you can sell your...ummm...plasma and probably blood. Sperm banks aren't out of the question either. :bigeyes: And if you have a fat bank roll...I'd consider selling one of my kidneys...

What can I say? I'm greedy when it comes to my spare parts. :p :rolling:

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I give blood, because I'm afraid oif needles and blood, and it really helps.

I don;t donate organs, because, to be honest, they;re mine. I need them...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.