1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams of death and loss of hope

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rakanishu, Mar 6, 2001.

1. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Had a sucky dream a few days ago. I dreamt that I was shot with an M-16 by bad cops. The round hit me right in the chest and I fell, but didn't die immediately. In fact I was conscious. It sucked to experience your life slipping away alone and without fulfilling it.

Anybody else had such dreams?

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

WOW! Reading that just gave me chills. The worst dream I ever had ended with me getting shot the same way. Point blank in the chest by smugglers. (Don't ask, stupid dream) The impact pushed me back against the wall, and I watched them watching me die. I remember the same feeling you describe, as everything faded to black.

*shakes the heebie jeebies away* Ugh! Thanks for the reminder! ;) :D

3. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I used to have these dreams where I knew how to fly, but I was't very good at it. I had trouble clearing powerlines and tree branches - how frustrating.

I also used to have dreams where I'm fighting in a war, but my bullets never travel fast enough and I can never hit anything - frustrating again.

Either I play too many video games, or I have too many deadlines at work looming over me.

4. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

You two have watched 'The Matrix' how many times? ;)

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh! Lord Moeken - That reminds me of that old TV show with the guy who's given this suit that provides super powers, but he lost the instruction book and doesn't know how to use it properly. He's always falling out of the sky and flying into things! :) "Greatest American Hero" was the name I think... Long time a go...

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited March 06, 2001).]

6. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] BTA - I remember, the suit was orange and the guy had blond frizzy hair- or was that the guy off the Hilarious House of Frankenstien?
    Anyway I remember non-the-less. We sure are dating ourselves here BTA :)

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah, that's the guy. :) And you're right, we're dating ourselves... ;)

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] HEY! I loved that show!! Er...no... wait... I'm too young to remember that show... Honest! :D

And Lord Moeken, this was waaay before The Matrix. (Which I have seen a few more times than I can count. Heh.)

9. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

Good save Darien - I knew you were much too young to rememeber :)

10. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

Another dream I had just escaped from a hungry bear, and I was running back to my car to leave this red earth quarry I was in.

It being a quarry I figured that I would have to climb over several banks to get to my car, and so I did. I climbed two banks and reached the top, and as I was pulling myself over, right in front of me a mere 4 to 5 metres away was a tiger. It was reclining and was turned away from me.

In the instant I saw it I knew fear, and I silently proceeded to let myself down the bank. Barely had I the time to twitch a muscle when it somehow sensed me and turned to look, and our eyes locked. As it got up and with its eyes still on mine I had this feeling of all hope abandoning me, like something was sucked out of my heart and it became smaller, and I knew I was going to die. It broke into a run and I just let myself down the bank as a token gesture. There was no point running but I would do it anyway. I woke up around then.

I felt no terror in both dreams. It wasn't a nigthmare. And yet in both I felt a great loss of hope, and in seemed that I knew what dying would be like.

11. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] BTA you just unleashed a flood of memories. I remember the show originally piloted as a made for TV movie that later became a series.

It also had this catchy little theme song:

"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.
    I never thought I could be so free-ee-eee!
    Flying away on a wing and a prayer,
    Who could it be?
    Believe it or no it's just me"

Man - now I'm old and pathetic :D

12. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

Heh heh, nothing Matrix-like in both my dreams. Happened in realtime and no slow motion. People and things were very mundane too.

After having those dreams I actually really pity those poor people who were shot or killed by tigers, when I really think about it. It makes me sad. :(

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah! That's it! Heh, heh...

Perhaps old, but I wouldn't say pathetic :)

14. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Ahem... I am so glad I restrained myself from doing that! Now I see how pathetic it would have looked... :D j/k

Stupid songs gonna be in my head all day now, LOL! Thanks, gentlemen... :p

15. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Poor Rakanishu... Keeps trying to steer us back to the original morose topic, and we keep talking about that dopey TV show! :D

16. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Sorry Rakanishu,I'll try to stay on topic, that darn Blackthorne TA has a tendancy to get things stirred up ;)

For me it seems that dreams can really give my emotions a roller coaster ride. I have never really been hurt in my dreams as you have described, however I do have dreams where other people get hurt. I had one where I dreamt a psycho killer broke into my parents house and killed my family (wierd) When I woke up I was so distraught that I couldn't sleep anymore; I had to phone my parents the next morning to see if they were ok.(They were)
    Wait a second - I did get hurt in a dream once. I dreamt that I was in the jungle and was being overrun by mosquitos. No matter how much I swatted them, they just kept coming. I woke up as my wife forcefully bonked me on the head :)

[This message has been edited by Lord Moeken (edited March 06, 2001).]

17. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Rofl! Hehe, that was funny Moeken! Reminds me of the skiing story.

Well anyway I didn't feel any pain. Just that feeling. You know?

Come now, nobody else had such dreams?

18. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Freaky dreams? Dude, my head is full of them. Ever since that dream I had (the one in the "Dreams Crossing Reality" post), I've been having these really messed up imaginative dreams.. every night. None of them really have anything to do with that dream.. nightmares, surreal dreams.. and things of that nature, which oddly enough isn't a bad thing.

P.S. Sorry about the shootings man. If you need cover again I'll be waiting on the roof.

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Surprised that herf has not replied to this topic?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.