1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt Party Theme?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Cackfiend, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Cackfiend Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ive done a search and couldnt find anything...

has anyone created a party themed as the famed drizzt party?

i mean like, portraits and sound files, and/or premade characters? or anything to help with making the characters?

anyone got a saved game by chance or something like that?

thanks...

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, I did it once. You have to get a little creative in putting it together, but if you look around you can get what you need.

Finding the portraits - considering the popularity of the IWD books, this isn't that hard. You should be able to find good ones here at SP or somewhere similar like Kirith's Portraits.

Finding sounds - again, search around for soundsets. Many good ones are at here at SP. For Drizzt, I used the Male1 Soundset from BG1. Someone made a Drizzt custom character for BG1 with a soundset ripped from the game, but isn't that great for BG2. For Bruenor, the Yeslick set also from BG1. Cattie-Brie was Annah from PS:T. For Wulfgar I used a converted soundset I made from HOWMale1 from Icewind Dale:HoW. I've only read one of the books, so I didn't know of any other characters to use. I made a mage & picked up Jahiera to finish out the party.

Stats - You may have to check around the thousands of Drizzt fansites for the group's precise stats, but I was going for the feel more than 100% accuracy. I just based the stats on my interpretation of the characters' personalities and the strengths of their classes.

Classes - Actually worked out pretty well:
    Drizzt - Pure Ranger, dualing scimitars
    Wulfgar - Barbarian, gave him hammers and axes
    Bruenor - Fighter/Cleric, hammers, maces, slings
    Cattie-Brie - Mage/theif, bows, short swords, etc.
    The other 2 characters are up to you.

This party may take a little effort to put together, but it's all worth it when you run into yourself after the underdark. Kinda funny. I'm sure someone else here has done this before.

3. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Where's Regis?

4. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Like I said, I've only read one of the books. Can't remember the name, but it's the one where Wulfgar kills the ice dragon and becomes leader of the tribe by crushing the other guys skull in his hands.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Naturally, Regis should be a thief.

I don't believe Bruenor and Catti-brie were actually trained in use of magic (divine or arcane), but I suppose it's needed for the sake of game balance.

Note that if you're an elf with a reputation of 9 or lower (IIRC), as well as a name of Drizzt, the real Drow Ranger will challenge to a fight for taking his funny. Funny for all those wannabes. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.