1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt who?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shura, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I don't know about you all, but I find Liriel Baenre a hell more interesting Drow than Drizzt.
    What's the general opinion on this?

2. Archangel Guest

I really dont like drow that much i think they are quite overrated i like the regular elves a hell of a lot more. just my opinion

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Tell me more about Drizzit...his background etc. Any ideas what his level and hp is? And what about thac0? I noted he killed a Gnoll with a roll of 6...damn thats low...or was it 3? Can't remember!

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Last i heard Drizzt was level 16. His background and stuff from Menzoberranzen to his arrival in TenTowns is detailed in the Dark Elf Trilogy, a really good read.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    ... And continued in the Icewind Dale trilogy. You'll be quite an expert on Drizzt if you read all of those books. :p
    Btw, don't judge Drizzt by what you've seen in the first BG. He was there just for the show, his stats and abilities are way different from what was shown there.

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

His 3rd Ed. stats and abilities are on the wizards site just now in their FR section :D.

7. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

in BG he only killed a few gnolls and wiped the floor with everyone, not really in-depth anything there.

-Sep

[This message has been edited by Septic Yogurt (edited November 12, 2000).]

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

What are those weapons he's got? They seem amazing!

9. herf Guest

scimitar +3 and scimitar +5 (frostbrand), thaco +3 for both and i think they are both 1d8

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Amazing! Any ideas where i can get some? In bg1 of course!

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You can only get those two if you pickpocket Drizzt. Pickpocketing only works before applying the patch.
    After that, you have to kill him for them.

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Sigh...

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31

So how tough is he? Hp...exp points...lvl...thaco????

14. herf Guest

[​IMG] dont know any particular stats but i know that you have no chance of beating him at all, he is totally magic resistent and he hardly ever misses!

15. Sol'Kanar Guest

His swords in BG are so much less than they should be. From what I read in the books, His Frostbrand(+3) should be a demonslayer and grant some fire protection. Also the sword Twinkle(+5) should do something special other than +2 ac.

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I WANT THOSE WEAPONS!

17. Dude69 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] To kill him go in to multie player and import your best fighters and suround him. He has around 99 hp and you'll die a few times before you kill him. and i thought he came of as a snob in BG.

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Has he got some boots of speed or something cos he moves pretty quick also...

19. Sol'Kanar Guest

Actually, if you read the books you learn that in Menzoberranzan he fights a weapon master with bracers that make his arms move very very fast. This however is his downfall as he cannot control his movements well. After Drizzt kills him he takes the bracers and puts them on his ankles. This works far more to his advantage. His THAC0 is in the negatives about as far down as his AC. He has an increadible number of attacks per round as he uses two weapons. Also he has 20 dex and more HP than an elf of any sort ought to.

[This message has been edited by Sol'Kanar (edited December 03, 2000).]

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31

PEOPLE JOIN ME TO HUNT DOWN THIS DRIZZIT AND WE MAY SHARE THE SPOILS! JOIN ME!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.