1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Druids alignment change?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Why does a druid become neutral evil if she commits an evil act but she doesn't become neutral GOOD if she does good deeds? Can she ever become neutral again if she becomes evil?

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Are you talking about the Hell trials or something else? If you are talking about the Hell trials, that is solely related to the way they coded those tests and makes little actual sense IMO. There's at least one mod that introduces a neutral way of handling that.

If you mean some other aspect of the game, I am at a loss, as I never ran a druid and deliberately concentrated on doing evil to see what happens. In P&P 2e games, running a druid could be interesting because if you became "too" good it could impact your alignment and class depending on how hardass your DM was. This, however, is a computer game and there are natural limits on some of your creativity in alignment and classes.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you're talking about the hell trials, doing one of the trials the 'evil' way, will give you an affect that changes your alignment.

I had a problem with a monk that did some of the hell trials the evil way to get the evil rewards and afterwards he couldn't use certain monk specific items anymore. I suppose that was because they were supposed to be only usable for a monk and they had a specific check to see if you are lawful (as a monk must be lawful).

Changing my alignment in shadowkeeper didn't help, so in the end I had to use Near Infinity to find the affect and change it so that it was a timed affect, and not a permanent one.

As far as I'm aware, there are only the hell trials that will change your alignment in the BG games.

In NWN your alignment could gradually change over the course of a game, which was a real pain if you wanted to stay neutral, as you only get good, evil, lawful and chaotic points, but never neutral points.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So if I do "bad" things that lower my reputation it won't change my alignment to evil? Excellent
    :banana:

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Unless they changed it completely in the EE, it shouldn't.

Note that if you're a ranger or palladin, you can become fallen if your reputation becomes too low. Though I'm not sure if the alignment change in the hell trials will make you fallen. I don't think so.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Because evil acts far outweigh good acts and good intentions in a world of absolute morality.

But aside from the Hell trials, there aren't all that many ways of changing your alignment in BG2 anyway.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.