1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God - SP Interview

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Taluntain, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] As you probably know by now, a sequel to the D&D movie is being released to DVD in a few weeks. You can check the previous thread about the movie for some general info.

SP has been granted an interview with the movie's writer, and I thought I'd give all of you a shot at posing some good questions we'd all be interested in reading the writer's responses to.

It'll be a longer interview, hence I'll need plenty of questions, so don't be shy with the number. The more, the better. I'll pick the best ones from here and add some of my own.

P.S.
    Only serious questions, please.

Edit: http://www.sorcerers.net/Worlds/Movies/dnd.php for the SP review of the original movie

[ September 28, 2005, 19:52: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    1. How much pressure did the first movie's bad success cause?

2. Were any of the lines uttered in the movie inspired by past games?

3. Newfie Banned

Yeah , how about asking some tough questions like: instead of wasting your money in production on a mediocre picture that will flop, how about developing a quality picture that will deliver to the huge number of loyal fans who are chomping at the bit for a quality film?

I already read the reviews on IMDB by people who have downloaded the movie and they say it is as terrible as the first one, only Damodar lost his blue lips. Nice touch.

[ October 01, 2005, 06:12: Message edited by: Newfie ]

4. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

1. Will all of the playable races (H-Orc, Halfling, Gnome, ect.) be represented in the movie?

2. If Gnomes are in the movie, will any be named Tiax, and if so, will he rule the world?

3. Have you played the Baldur's Gate games?

4. Why do you think the original DragonLance saga has never been made into a movie?

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Newfie, I said serious questions only. I can think of several dozen snide, unusable ones myself. You can pose a provoking question, but it has to be worded in a manner that isn't offensive, obviously.

Anyway, some pretty good questions here, so keep them coming!

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    1. Are we going to see divine magic?

2. Do we get a closer look on the practical use of thieving skills (traps, sneaking etc) by characters?

3. Are combat skills going to be held to standards similar to PNP rules, such as BAB progression depending on class and level?

4. Are we going to see critical hits or any of the special attacks?

5. Generally speaking, which of the more popular feats and skills are we going to see?

6. Any significant multiclassed characters?

7. Any prestige or epic characters?

7. Newfie Banned

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    3. were you tempted to put in chicks in chaimail?

4. Is the movie based on a certain edition, and if so,t hen which one?

5. Where did the blue in Damodar's lips go?

9. Newfie Banned

Where did the blue in Damodar's lips go?

Hee hee.

10. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Did you make the dwarven women sufficiently beardy?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.