1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eighth Dimension: #81 Latex? Don't Mind If I Do.

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Nov 20, 2010.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've been meaning for a while now to work with Latex and with it being the LARP downtime it seems like a good idea to look at things to make.

I'm going to work on some designs for prosthetics for my current and future characters. At the moment I don't think it's feasible to start working on anything in this flat due to space constraints and the current financial situation.

I am however designing my future characters. There's a school of thought closely related to Murpheys' Law which states that if you've got all the equipment for a new character you will have a long and trouble free current character lifespan. Whereas if you equip your current character to the nines and spend all your skill points and money on one character you'll die within 48 hours of someone saying "Oh that's nice, is it new?"

Current character I want to make Wings and a tail.

For the wings I will make two bands that will go around the top of my hips and around the bust. Possibly fitting material between them so I wear it like a tube - bonus being it will be warmer in a sodding cold and damp field which is inevitable at least every Friday night when you turn up. The wings will go from shoulder to hip, no joins inbetween, this will mean the corset can be put on over the top without going for the option of having a pair of cheap wings on elastic armbands. The wings themselves will be latex covered wire, this will mean they can be repositioned (Portable umbrella! :D) folded and would need minimal foam and minimal bulk for stoarage.

For the tail I'll be using a plastic wiggly snake - you know the ones? They're plastic snakes that are segmented and you hold the tail so they are horizontal in the air and sway side to side. One of them with some foam to even the shape and latex covered, possibly attached to the upper hip band of the wings. As the snakes only wiggle one direction (left-right) there is a decision as to whether the tail hangs down or out from the body. Where I am sat down most of the time having it facing outwards from the body means it would be easy to fold over and sit it on my lap, whereas if I'm walking at any point it will just out humerously and possibly inappropriately. I'm thinking having it facing down, it will not just out when I walk and will not be uncomfortable to at least partially sit upon, if I make it long enough it will possibly still be visible from a seated position.

Future character concepts are still being drafted, I'm thinking two definites to plan are a Gorgon and a Mothkin who is distracted by shiny lights and has a probiscous :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.