1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Elven Girl (Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Shadow_Goddess, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Prologue

"I hate rain," muttered a girl as she glanced up at the sky. The mare she was riding whickered her agreement.
    The clouds were thick and black overhead. It was a miracle it wasn't pouring rain yet.
    The girl swore. The 64 year-old girl was about 5'4" tall if she wasn't sitting down. She had a slender body, though well-figured. A stubborn chin, a full, lush mouth and high cheekbones lined her face. Her eyes were a vibrant green with flecks of gold. Her perfect eyebrows knit into a frown as her prominent nose wrinkled in disgust. She smelled fire; not ordinary fire, but a storm of burning liquid. She looked at the sky agian and thought, a storm like that could definitely brew fire.
    Her ivory fingers picked up her horse's pace by tugging the reins. A weary, but sharp, eye observed her surroundings while she trotted on.
    The forest around them was thick and dark. The path was hardly visible as the darkness engulfed them. The silence made her fidget with her reins, which made her mare also nervous.
    At 64, she was hardly to be considered an adolescent for an elf. Her mother was a good 200 some years and her father would be 300 this year if the wars he fought hadn't killed him. She still remembered, cupping his cold hands into hers, tears almost blinding her, feeling lost and alone as her mother, equally sullen, trying to comfort her.
    She sighed. It would be another day before she reached her city; if luck was with her. But she doubted it. She would need to find shelter soon, real soon. She shrugged into her cloak and put her hood over the brilliant raven black hair of hers. The blackness of her hair matched her mare too.
    Ahead, she noticed a huge clump of trees. It would suffice for the night. She even was so hopeful to think rain wouldn't be able to get through. She trudged to the clump and sighed with relief. The area would be enough for her, her mare and a fire. She built up a fire and ate a bit of her rations. Then she groomed her mare and got her bedroll out. She crawled in, already having the fire banked. She slept, uneasy and dreamless...

That ain't all ;)

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited December 17, 2001).]

2. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] Nicely done. Keep it up; Im looking forward to seeing what happens in this one :D

3. *~*~*~*
    She woke up, suddenly sweating intensly. The hair on the back of her neck stood straight up. Her nerves were quivering. She regained her senses andlistened, but it didn't matter, she already felt a hostile presece in her mind.
    "Where is that damned girl? I thought I sent you morons to find her," demanded a gruff voice. He continued, "I paid you *each* 50 gold to find and kill her."
    She shook with fear and rage. The gruff voice was a friend of her mother's who had sworn alliance to the kingdom. So why did he want her dead? She silently got out of her bedroll and grabbed her two daggers hidden in her boots. She peeked out of her concealment. Three shadows were about 20 feet way from her. She grabbed her spare dagger from her belt and silently started a pell. She nicked her arm for each dagger, still chanting the spell. She concentrated on one dagger; that dagger levitated and flew, hitting her target squarely in the heart. The second dagger soared and burried itself in the target's neck. The last agger flew and hit the speaker in the back, but not killing him. She got up and retrieved her daggers from the 2 dead humans and took the dager from the speaker's back and pressed it against his throat.
    "Why do you want to kill me?" she cried.
    He moaned in responce.
    "Why in the Goddess's name do you want to kill me? *Cor*..." she said his name harshly.
    "Revenge...your... father... did..." he whispered, barely audible.
    If it wasn't for her clear elven ears, she would've never heard him.
    "What do you mean? What did my father do?" she pressed.
    But it was too late. He was already dead.
    She cursed herself. She had let her anger get the better part of her aiming, causing the dagger to hit him in a more severe place. But she couldn't do anything now. She'd have to go home and tell her mother.
    As she calmed down, she finally noticed it had been raining the whole time she had been awake and how cold she was. She sighed and got into her bedroll. She drifted off, still uneasy.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well done, little one ;) Give us some mo'! :)

5. *~*~*
    She woke in the morning, the night's excitement only a shadow in the back of her mind. She packed up with haste, and hid the bodies with trembling, but careful, hands.
    She rode the whole way. She only stopped once to eat lunch.
    In the evening, she arrived at a pair of gates, the city gates of Lythe. At the gates, there were sturdy looking guards with serious and tense faces. She stopped before them, pulling back her hood. Beautiful black hair came tumbling down her shoulders. Her pointy ears peeked from under her locks. Hanging on each ear point was a metallic loop; a mixing of bronze, gold and silver.
    "Who goes?" asked one of the guards in elven tongue.
    The girl answered, her voice suddenly sounding important, "Elen Quessir." (Elen Quessir: star elf)

6. Doofus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

cool! the desriptions are really good.

7. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Hey, This is great Goddess! I never knew you were such a good writer, your posts on RC are so short and rare :p

8. gollum Banned

[​IMG] It was great!

9. I'm not done...

Elen was let in by the guards, easily enough for her where others would've had a bit of trouble convincing the guards. She trotted along the city, keeping a high head as the city elves bowed at the sight of her.
    The castle guards nodded and bowed to her as they opened the castle gates. She leapt down from her mare with such grace it looked as if she floated. Her mare was led away by elves. She strode forward, anger from the morning building up in her again. She pushed open the door with such fierce force and her mother, hearing her arrival, fled down the stairs to confront her daughter. Their similarities were alike: noses, mouths, eyes and shape. Her mother had auburn hair, that almost shone with fierceness. Her youth was not worn out, but age started to show in her face. Her pale skin looked a bit dull, if you were to look close enough. But still, she was just as beautiful as her daughter.
    "Aaye, amin tinu(Hail, my daughter)," greeted her mother.
    "Atara(mother)," greeted her daughter in return. "Your fool friend Cor has come to gurtha(death), Atara."
    Her mother gasped, "Death? And why is this dear tinu?" Her mother looked at her daughter in suspicion.
    "He ordered to men to kill me." was the quiet, but deadly reply of Elen.
    "K-kill you?" said her mother.
    "Uma(yes), but he said he was getting revenge for what Atar(father) did. But you know my temper, Atara, I killed him before I could get some worthwhile information out of him."
    Her mother sighed. "Go get Noldo Tauron(Wise forester)."
    "But-"
    "Go."
    "Atara-"
    "NOW."
    Elen glared at her mother, but left to find the wise man, Tauron.

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited December 21, 2001).]

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] /me spamming as ordered SG ;) :D

No, seriously, this is a damn good story, keep it up :)

11. *~*~*~
    "Cor... He was unwise, Helin(violet(flower)(mother))" said Tauron.
    "But Tauron, how could he? My daughter has no enemies," insisted Helin.
    "Times change, Helin, your people have different feelings about Elen. She is 64, hardly an adolescent. She will be 90 in 26 years. That is not long. Be weary of her actions. Take her decisions under deep consideration. It is all I can help you with."
    Helin sighed. She always trusted Tauron, no matter what his decisions were.
    "I shalt take heed to your words, Tauron."

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Where do you get your inspirations from apart from me? :D No seriously, where do you get them from? I like what i read ...

13. Um... I donno. Tamora Pierce, probably, because she writes some damn good books. The author who wrote Pool of Radiance(the book)... And the guy who wrote the Elminster books... I think it was Ed Greenwood or something(the book is in my room, not with me). Probably Dudette too... But now I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with her. So I'll have think about it a bit...

14. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hurry up and post some more would ya? :p

15. *grmbl* it's not my fault I was answering Sniper's question and that nobody would post...

*~*~*~
    Elen went to find her close friend, Galorfial.
    "Elen! What's wrong?" Galorfial asked when she saw Elen worried face through the dim light of Galorfial's shelter.
    "Fial, seler'(sister), I am troubled from the words and actions from a man." Elen said, looking down at her feet.
    Galorfial, Fial her nickname, forced Elen to look at her, and searched her eyes.
    "Troubled by that old fool, now, eh? You shouldn't be. I knew he was treacherous the first time I saw him."
    Elen didn't resist her older, much wiser friend. While Helin went to Tauron for advice, Elen went to Fial.
    Elen hugged her friend. She could always trust her 200 year old friend. She always had.
    Elen swept out of Fial's house with a bye and went to see her mother.

16. *Dudette Guest

what about me? huh? huh? And add more PLEASE?

17. Cheesy... Ignore my last post... it was crappy.

"Atara, I don't care what you think. I'm not quite sure that Atar is dead if someone attacked me thirty years after he 'died'," said Elen defiantly as she mounted her horse.
    "30 years is not a lot of years," protested Helin.
    "Don't stop me, Atara, you know I am powerful enough as a 64 year old to stop the magic in the Battlefield of Mages."
    Atara gasped. "The Battefield of Mages! Elen, are you out of your mind?! The aura of that place is powerful and wild! Are you are going to find Atar there?!"
    "Of course." was the simple, unnerving reply.
    With that, Elen rode out of the courtyard. Of course, Elen would've loved to have Helin beside her in her travails, but she couldn't bring herself up to say so.
    On the way out of the city, Elen was stopped by a cloaked elf. She looked down but the cloaked elf did not meet her eyes. Instead, he whispered to the ground, only audible to Elen, in a rough, but soothingly rich voice(this is corny, I know), "Come down, my love."
    Elen jumped to the ground with a soft thud and she was swept into the elf's arm for a passionate kiss from her lover.
    She looked up into his glowing green eyes now and said, "I'll miss you, Ceridan."
    He smiled. They let go of each other reluctantly and Elen remounted her horse.
    She leaned down and kissed him once more and said, "Bye." She left the city with a tear running down her cheek.
    *~*~*~*~*~
    Ceridan was sitting in a chair in front of Helin.
    "Ceridan, I hope you know why you were summoned here," said Helin as she paced the quiet room they were in.
    "Of course. I am no fool. You want me to look after Elen to make sure she's safe. I don't know why you keep pretending she's 64 thought. She is too mature, beautiful and way too powerful. You should tell her her real age: 121. I think she's suspected that. She would've admired me, not loved me, if she was 64.
    "Now, why would you want me to protect her, when she is capable of doing it herself?"
    "Ceridan, you are such a striking elf with your wits. I know very well you are 138 years old but you are older than her. Besides, she's my daughter. I will not linger in my palace while she might be in danger. And you are the best man for it."
    Ceridan sighed. "You are right. I shall track her down and keep a close eye on her. Is that all?"
    Helin waved her hand. "That tis all."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.