1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

EMI -- Help for Spellbound when She's Stuck

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Spellbound, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Escape from Monkey Island -- Trying to get the pretzels from the drunken sailor, with no luck. Is this where I should be looking to acquire the snacks? Or, perhaps, give up and look elsewhere?

[ December 10, 2002, 23:09: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yep. See that balloon there? Think one of those dart players could hit it?

3. Spellbound

I now have the pretzels and have fiddled with the controls on the catapult (the game also froze on me once there), but can't seem to disable it. I'm on my second bowl of pretzels! :D

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What happens when you fiddle with the controls? He comes back and has to recalibrate right? What does he shoot at for recalibration and what does it look like?

[ December 08, 2002, 03:12: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah! I remember I used to see my teacher as a target when I see these things...

-----
    Guybrush: So your name is I. Cheese?
    Ignatius: Aye
    Guybrush: Cheese?
    Ignatius: Aye
    :p

6. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Be sure to check out all the island and pick up anything lying about that you can, there is another item that you need.

7. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

lol, I loved that game!
    Need some more help?
    The thing you need to pick up is---
    close to a sodamachine...
    (least I think it is a soda-no...it is not a *soda*machine... ;) :p )

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's a Grog machine! Arr! :xx:

9. Spellbound

LOL! And I couldn't get any grog from the machine -- Elaine won't give me any money! What a little...um....tyrant....she is!

I've stopped the catapult, signed on Mr. Cheese :D , got my boat, but am having difficulty getting the rest of the crew. Also tried to visit Meat Hook, but must have chosen the wrong dialogue option, because now he won't engage in any conversation with me! So, I'm wandering the island currently, looking for that other item I'm supposed to be picking up and trying to get my crew together!

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Did you talk to that guy and girl standing outside one of the buildings in town? They'll join your crew if you give them a cushy guv'ment job :)

Oh, and you'll be able to talk to Meathook later.

[ December 10, 2002, 17:06: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

11. Spellbound

I talked to that couple and had the convo about the cushy government job, but I don't think I ever offered one. Have tried to talk to them again, but no dialogue options are available. They say a few words and that's the end of it. Still stuck.

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Who do you know that works in the government? Is the governor in fact? Shouldn't she be able to approve of cushy government jobs?

[ December 10, 2002, 19:04: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

13. Spellbound

Heh, finally got off of Melee Island. Had to find the government contract BEFORE talking to Elaine. :D

I'm now on Lucre Island, stuck in the vault! I've got the broken sword wedged in the door and have tried every combination of hanky, grog, sponges, music box and government seal, but nothing is combining! I can't reach the top screw, but the stool won't activate either. Hehe, hint??

Oh, and BTA, can you change the title of this to just read EMI....I'll just keep this one thread open for the game. Thanks!

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Just keep cramming stuff in that crack in the door! :)

15. Spellbound

LMAO!! Saw that cute little title you stuck out there! Nothing like pointing fingers! :grin:

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Glad you liked it ;)

17. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hmmmm, let's make a forum for Monkey Island!

[Let's not. And don't post nonsense.] -Tal

[ December 12, 2002, 11:22: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

18. Spellbound

Act III -- In the new Luau Bar and trying to get the painting. I have a walkthrough and still the steps are not working. I'm using the paintbrush when the boat gets to the post on the right side. While the chef comes out to investigate, I run back to the kitchen and use the grog on the steam machine, it comes to a halt, but I still can't get the painting! I did get confronted by the chef, when he returned to the kitchen. Perhaps I didn't run out soon enough? Need help!

19. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

And the foodboat starts to burn?
    Just stop the flaming boat infront of the WAXpainting.
    It's a nit tricky to put those sticks in the machine at the right moment but after a whie it'll work.
    :D

20. Spellbound

Solved the burning boat puzzle... Thanks!

Now, I'm on the stone beach with the parrots. Have given the grog to one of them and can tell which one is telling the truth, but can't find the stone with the hat -- nor can I get any directions from the parrot. Have been going around and around, to no avail. Help needed.

[ December 21, 2002, 19:00: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.