1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Empire Earth

Discussion in 'Playground' started by TheBlackRose, Feb 25, 2002.

1. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Anyone else played this gem of a game?

I totally sucked at it, but it was fun. :p

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] EE is a great game. I like it lot's better than AoE2. I thinking having access to all the ages is a great feature. It's one of the best RTS I've ever played. It give out a chance to create so many different situations. Making battles in Roman times, during the middle ages, during the Nepoleonic era, in WWI & II, in modern times and in the future. It rocks!

My only issue is I wish there are more options in the random map battles. More type of maps to choice from. I wish you could garrison unit in building like in AoK. Having a trade center would have also helped. I did find it a little odd that iron and gold never appeared to run out. But beside that it's great.

What do you think?

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited February 26, 2002).]

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Empire Earth is a cool game, but nothing more. Age of Empires 2 is way better. The graphics in EE is just not comfortable, I miss the lack of visual difference between races and it takes 10 hours to expand from prehistoric age to anything that is modern. It's still fun to play for a while, but i was tired of it very fast.

Hopefully Age of Mythology will be a lot better :).

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited February 26, 2002).]

4. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

Hmm. Perhaps I am biased from never playing any AoE game. I do agree though that the graphics of Empire Earth were probably its worst feature. And Age of Mythology will probably rule. :)

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I agree that going from prehistoric to digital age does take a LONG time but that is one of the nice things about the game. Like Civ you can change over time. It's not like StarCraft were you want to advance as fast as you can. And if you wish you can start and end in any age you desire. I do agree about the graphics though. They could have used a little more refinement.

6. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It's a fun game. Going from Pre-historic to Digital is nearly impossible unless you wait out the computer. All games end way before they can really advance more than a few ages. I'm waiting on Dungeon Siege myself.

7. frobo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok, im at a decision...I am either going to buy EE or Civ3. Anyone wanna say which ones better? Ive heard stellar reviews for both...just wanted to know what u guys think.
    -CJ

8. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

Civ3 is probably better. Having the Meier touch and all.

9. jesper898 Guest

ee is one of you fave games:)
    and i think that its WAY better than AOK

10. Masher Gems: 5/31

I have EE and AoE:AoK, and I wouldn't like to choose between the two.

OK, if I have to... EE, because of guns, tanks, and Prophets.

11. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Is there a website I can go to to find more about it? I've heard it's a great game!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.