1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil defined. New CE soloist

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Black Rose, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Black Rose Guest

Alright.. I got a new comp, bored of my Solo Blade (I have it backed up). So I'm going to start a new soloist. One that will redefine my playing style for sure..

A Chaotic Evil half-orc beserker. Arg!

-----------------

All my bloodlust will be served in this game. Among the list of proverbial 'things to do'.

* The Sahaugin City will be wiped out after completing the quest.
    * I'll take my sweet time in Ust'Natha after helping the demon, and wipe out the drow.
    * Right before entering Bodhi's lair in chapter 6, I'll (again) wipe out Athkatla.
    * Adalon will be crushed.
    * Ditto Drizzt.

Muhahahahahaha!

This should be a lot of fun. Has anyone ever done this kind of thing before?

2. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, I've never wiped out Athkalla be4 too many gaurds. The rest I did do. It's usefull too for items

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Psycho.

4. Maraxus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah... after finishing Ust Natha, killing every1 in the city is somethin i did on one of my previous games. It was fun:D(not really, but at least they all died)

5. Don't forget to stomp Trademeet, Imnesvale, Suldanesslar, and every other speck of civilization in Amn. ;)

6. Black Rose Guest

Aye, will do.

Y'know, store prices will be pretty high, won't they? Oh well, what do you really need at stores?

Here's what my evil Avatar will probably be living off, anyways.

Crom Faeyr
    Celestial Fury
    Flail of Ages
    Cloak of Mirroring
    _____ Dragon Scale

None of these items require a store, right?

7. _____ Dragon Scale? :confused:
    Well, to make the Dragon Scale armor, you need to talk to Cromwell. And if your reputation has hit rock bottom, I guess he'd just attack you or something. Then again, there are other good armours out there.

8. Black Rose Guest

Alright, I meant Red Dragon Scale. Sorry :)

I'm not sure Cromwell attacks you if your rep is rockbottom, but if that is the case, I'll have to donate to get a higher rep. Perhaps I will do that before each shopping session. Then lower my rep afterwards of course.

Items I will have to buy from a shop:

- Crom Faeyr (if you count Cromwell as a storeowner)
    - Red Dragon Scale (again, same as above)
    - Vhailor's Helm (probably necessary for sheer tanking)

Other important items:

- Axes: Frostreaver, Stonefire
    - The Flail of Ages
    - Cloak of Mirroring
    - Celestial Fury
    - Helm of Balduran (in case Vhailor's is out)
    - Boots of Speed
    - Mace of Disruption (maybe, not sure)

I'll probably start this character whenever I have free time. BTW, he will most definitely be working for Bodhi. :)

9. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Remember as your rep. hits the bottom, others like cowled wizards and paladins will hunt you deadly while you are mercilessly hunting innocents.

10. Black Rose Guest

Yeah I'm aware of that. I may have to take the easy way out and pay for rep during extended stays in Athkatla. Still, I doubt they will be too much trouble but I could be wrong. The mages will probably sting a little at first..

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Oh Bards where for art thou...?

Err scratch that.

Where the f##k are my berserker homies?

Have fun Black Rose.

12. Alith Anar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Actually, working for Bodhi ISN'T considered evil UNLESS you kill that guy in the government district. However, there is a second mission offered for good characters who follow Bodhi's "guild." In fact, there are some good items to be had by KILLING Aran Linvail.... :D

13. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Keep us posted. I want to know if you manage to kill EVERYONE in Athkalla. If you do I'll take a bow for you ;)

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Playing that way if pretty hefty ... when killing the shadow thiefs guarding the stores in the docks I used magic ... calling in the cowled wizards - I casted a cloudkill on them, and fought them all down, both the thieves and the wizards .... when two things happened: One of my hasted partymembers got charmed and was running around like mad firing arrows (with remarkable sucess) on civilians *plus* some peasant ran into my cloudkill and died. Soon my rep (already at 4) dropped to 1 .... city guards appeared (iirc amnian centurio and folk; tough bunch) plus some more cowled wizards for support .... I fought them down too eventually ....

All in all: plenty of XP, lot's of thrill and surprises - just a little nerveripping ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited January 20, 2002).]

15. Black Rose Guest

Big B:

No worries, I still love Bards! I just need a little change of pace from my standard "Heroic, LG, 20 Rep" games. This will do the trick nicely.

Thinking of doing the following profs out of the gate, to take advantage of the availability of Sarevok's Sword and Lilarcor.

**** Two Handed Sword
    ** Two Handed Weapon Style
    ** Long Bow (later)

16. Lord Sarevok Guest

I'd find killing everyone in Amn a bit tedious wouldn't you?

17. Black Rose Guest

Yeah, but think of the XP!

[/POWERGAMING]

18. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

This will be the greatest SoA game of all times! :lol:

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I don't quite think so, wiping out Ust-Natha is kinda fun - since drow are hostile to you anyway, but it's not a real challenge, just diversion. However, wiping out Atkathla IMO is a pretty weird idea. Good fun anyway ... but don't expect too much xp - and IMO xp won't compensate for the high prices you have to pay.

And for me powergaming is something different than just trying to gather xp by slaughtering peasants. I think powergaming is about creating an PC extraordinaire - most efficient use of stat points - resulting in a char so good he doesn't need any cheesy combos like dualwielding crom and c'fury to achieve a good melee punch :nolike: :nono: :mad: :flaming: (I simply like to keep the element of challenge in the game) - and for me this char can even be a pure thief.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited January 20, 2002).]

20. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

that's me! :)

I always gather all the best stuff to improve all my party members to the utmost effeciency!
    Though I must admit, the game becomes rather boring that :/, doesn't take a whole lot of time to complete either. :(

Sure, powergaming can give some lost idea of greatness, though greatness in overcoming what shouldn't be able to be overcome is true greatness ;) (and yes, this means getting your arse kicked again and again for trying to do something too low-level... Reload!! :) )

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited January 20, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.