1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Exams....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Wildfire, May 8, 2001.

1. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] It's that time of year again which everyone loves...That's right, you guessed it - EXAMS!!! YAY!! Just a quick post to say good luck to everyone doing exams now I get to do my French GCSE oral on thursday :(. Hopefully I'll do well. Good luck to all, whether you're doing GCSE's, A levels, some strange American exams or anything else vaguely exam like.

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Aw, thanks. I am currently knuckling down to study for a type of exam you neglected to mention - Advanced Highers (it's what we have instead of A levels in rain-drenched Caledonia). Hmmmm, on second thoughts, considering the mess they made last year, I might not bother.

3. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I had Written Danish yesterday, and tomorrow I'm up for written Math. But I have funny story for the lot of you.

You all know how exams are supposed to be, ie shut up and work. Now, some silly idiot on my school is trying to run Windows 2000 on Pentium I 133 MhZ. You know something is wrong, when the computer is spending five minutes to lock on to the network.

And then you start writin, only for the server to lock up every ten minutes. You can then spend two minutes before you can work again, but in the meantime, the server has kicked off half the computers. Result: If you didn't save, tough luck. We then got some disks, so we where able to save every two minutes.

But ofcourse people get frustrated with the interruptions, so we started talking with eachother in an attemp to solve the computer problem. In the end, we where allowed to go to the smoking area every time the machines went down, which means almost all the time. Here people where just talking with each other, I mean this is an exam. We also had the janitor go to the cafeteria to buy refreshments for us.

In the end, even the timelimit was removed. I heard that someone was done at six o'clock in the afternoon. Thats three hours after the allowed time.

Next Monday it's written English, and I'm going to use the computer again. :mad:

Ps. Ironbeard, sorry for asking, but where lies caledonia?

[This message has been edited by Grovflab (edited May 08, 2001).]

4. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

He means Scotland - Caledonia being the Roman name IIRC. Very nice, but cold country. I didn't mention Advanced Highers because I didn't think anyone here was from that dismal land.

5. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thanks Wildfire. You know it's ironic, but right now I should be studying Physics or Maths or sth. Instead I post on an exam thread... Well, these exams will be the best ever. After I take this Ancient Greek test I won't have to face this loathsome language again in my LIFE :D :D :D :D :D :D !!! ( Sorry Mathetais but I just hate it. It's beautiful and complex and flexible and I despise it. That's all.)

6. Avooch Dar Guest

i have got my GCSE japanese exam in a week aarggggh what am i going to do!!!!

[This message has been edited by Avooch Dar (edited May 08, 2001).]

7. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thanx Wildfire!

This Friday I have my Java final, and next week I have Calculus 3, Microeconomics, U.S. Civil War, and Physics.

Hooray! ;) I just love finals!

:p

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Ahh the joy of exams eh. I can still just about remember my o' and a' levels. In fact Wildfire's mention of the French Oral exam (always though that sounded a bit rude) reminded me of my worst exam ever. My oral went so bad - after it, I went to get my coat and bags and stuff before heading to the canteen. In those few minutes, word spread really quickly about how pathetic my efforts had been. So much so that I bumped into three teachers who all took the piss out of me on the way. the really sad thing was they all made their jokes in French so I didn't even understand them. Happy days.

Anyway good luck all hope everyone does well.

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited May 08, 2001).]

9. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I'll add my best wishes for all of you as well. My girlfriend just finished her's so she's coming back to stay with me for about 5 months :D :D :D

God I love University hols!

Having not sat an exam for about 7 years, I can still remember all the strife! Good luck guys!

10. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I had a AP C++ exam today. (for all of you not from the US or just dont know what that is, its basically a college course taken during high school) All the rest of my exams are in a few weeks, but none of them even come close to being as hard as that one.
    --FenixStrife

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] One down...Three to go!

After that, I am going to leave work and go fulltime to law school! I'm taking 6 credits in the summer, then 11 in the Fall. Graduate in December, pass the bar...Then! WhooHoo! Do the whole Law thing!

12. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Sir Bellisarius, the paladin and defender of all that is good, is ACTUALLY going to be a LAWYER? Oh my, what an internal conflict that must cause! :)

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

just got to do 1 month of GCSEs and i'll be free! yes free! for 3 months! Oh and good luck to everyone else out there who is also doing exams/willbe doing exams/is expecting etc. ;)

14. Avooch Dar Guest

My dad is a lawyer i wish you would come up with better insults than that!

are you going into 6th form sniper?

15. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Avooch Dar, please look my smiley, before talking about insults. It's a joke! I don't insult people on purpose, not even the ones who truly deserves it. American lawyers simply dosn't have that great a reputation. That's it.

This comment also goes to your UK topic, where, judging from your reaction to my former post, you are probably flaming my a** to dust. If you lay down, people will invarily step on you.

16. Seric Exz Guest

Just popped in to wish you all good luck on your exams.

(Remember to enjoy some cold beverage in the sun when you're done. :) )

17. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

ARGHHHH!!! My oral was atrocious!!!
    Ok - well maybe not that bad, but whedn you asked me if my school was mixed, I replied I dont't know :(

Ah well...... the rest of the exams beckon :(

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

yeah i'm going into the 6th form. u?

19. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Well, I guess that's why I've been away for a while, exams. At least the AP computer science test wasn't quite as hard as I thought. Hopefully it will all be over soon.

20. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

FenixStrife: where you from? Vile and I both took Comp Sci. You think the A test is hard? I took AB and whew let me tell ya... I should have paid attention during class...

Amon-Ra

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.