1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fantasy Life

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sapiryl, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] If you could go anywhere and do anything (real or imagined or both) what would it be? What would your "fantasy life" be like?

If I could do anything in this world, and succeed, I think that I'd be a game tester living in Silicon Valley. I'd make great wages, have great vacation time, and do the thing that I like most...play video games.

Fantasy Check!

On the other hand, if I could do anything and succeed at it in ANY reality, that's a little different. It'd have to be in the far future. After the human race has built and built and built...and then destroyed itself. Almost. An entire planet loaded with the greatest technology, with billions of high rise buildings and ghettos. Ah, the smell of post apocaliptic (you know, nuclear war) adventure! There'd have to be magic of course, and plenty of mutated creatures. And plenty of humans, but with all of the space platforms and abandoned cities, it wouldn't seem like many at all. I'd just be a normal guy trying to survive. That'd be adventure enough.

2. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A trillionare computer tycoon with an incredibly hot yet loving supermodel as a wife (maybe, sung hi lee) yeah, i think its a pretty basic fantasy that has been played out by men for a long time, but hey, that means its good, right?

3. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Live like the whatshisnameagain 74-year old Playboy-boss, perhaps ? In one big, 10 million dollar villa, accompanied by 7 blondines in between 18 and 25 years of age, while wife and kids life a couple of blocks further down the road.

Mind you, that doesn't appeal to me at all, no Sir :D

4. Duskai Gems: 7/31

What i'm aiming for to have a perfect life:
    I'd finish my book, it'd get published and instantly hit the bestsellers list, i'd write more and they'd be made into fantastic films that would then become more liked than star wars...i'd move to some paradise place with my darling, maybe buy a boat, and we'd be ridiculously happy...the end :)

hmm...i gotta stop telling you guys so much about myself...damn these privacy probing posts! hehe :p

[This message has been edited by Duskai (edited February 11, 2001).]

5. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I don't really have dream... It keeps my hopes up. I'm too much of a pessimist.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] okay...Here's the deal:

This is what I am working for now, if it all falls into place, it may just be my fantasy life coming true...Finish law school, win many lucrative cases, become rich and powerful, retire at 50 or so, become a law professor, complete with long beard, jacket with patches on the elbows, maybe a pipe, write a couple of books, spend the off season travelling the world with my wife (whoever she turns out to be)or coed law student girlfriend if the wife thing doesn't materialize. Buy a nice beach house somewhere, and live out my days playing with kids and granchildren and such. That one is achievable I hope....

Okay, the fanatasy fantasy:
    Be picked up by aliens in a ship that can go anywhere...Become a true adventurer in worlds far away. Sort of like Farscape but without the constant chasing...Well, maybe a little chasing. Okay, so I'm a kid at heart...So sue me. ;)

Vile - You gotta dream dude! Without dreams, we go nowhere!

Hey, number 550! :D

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited February 12, 2001).]

7. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Perhaps you've answered this already, but what is your book about Duskai?

8. Duskai Gems: 7/31

It's hard to explain, it's a bit strange and original (so I'd like to think) so it's difficult to compare it...but it's a science fiction fantasy along the lines of blade runner or star wars but with magical overtones. Beyond that I aint saying :p It's a secret...but I did get inspiration from reading 'Neuromancer' and another book called 'One of Us' you'll know what I mean if you've read them :)

9. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

As a matter of fact, I do. Great reads, those. Not the best, but very good.

Actually, your book and my fantasy world sound very similar. A little like a cross between Final Fantasy and...and...oh well, it's cross with SOMETHING else.

P.S. Did you know that they're making a Final Fantasy movie? It's all CG.

10. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] I LOVE FINAL FANTASY!!

11. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

FF 8 was amazing! I love the game. FF 9 looks too childish though. They kind of reverted back into their old style. There's this guy on my floor here at college, he plays, not 8 not 9, but 7. Nonstop. Whenever he doesn't have classes, you can here those little chirping noises and dopey music coming from his room. He's kinda psycho too. He thinks that he can read Tarot cards, and that he can cast spells and crap.

If you have read an earlier thread, you know that I believe in magic...but if this guy can use it, I'll change my name to Shloggenboggen.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Have you seen the screenshots of the movie coming out! I get Total Movie every month, and the stills are fantastic! The CG is very lifelike! I've never played the games, but the commercials always look cool!

After seeing the stills, I wnat to see the film...Er, movie.

13. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'll admit the movie previews look very cool, though I care nothing for the game. It's the best computer animated looking feature I've seen to date. Very realistic.

14. Sol'Kanar Guest

Personally, a fantasy life for me would not be to live in some grand far off world or such. I like this one as it is, with some changes. First off I would have my life extended a few thousand years. I would like to see how mankind fares over such a period of time. Also It's be cool to have magic similar to that of D&D. Yeah that's my fantasy. Realistically I'd like to become a world-class fencer. I don't think that's too likely. I do have a very good master and years to train, I just don't think I could accomplish it. Maybe I'm just too much a pessimist.

15. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I prefer FF9 though. 8 sucked big ass.
    7 was cool. But the best IMO was FF2.

16. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Go to finalfantasy.com, and you can view the trailer. IT IS AWESOME!!! It also doesn't look like it paralells(sp?) any of the games, it just looks damn cool. Of course, at my college, we have a T1 network, so I can download the entire trailer in less than 7 minutes on the high resolution setting.

>>To Duskai

When I said that your book sounded like a cross between FF and something else, I was thinking of another computer game that I had seen before. I went looking for it, but I was unable to find it. It is set in the future, and the human race has evolved into magic users. Dragons and other mythical creatures entered the scene due to genetic manipulation. The cover art that I remember seeing is a dwarf sitting outside a bar with a small dragon perched on his shoulder. He had a double barrel shotgun in his hands, and over the door was a sign: NO WIZARDS ALLOWED.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.